PDA

View Full Version : 2001 740 Audio Upgrade Advice

OwenH
08-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Hey all,

I am looking for advice on upgrading the sound in my 2001 740 with dsp. I have already installed everything and it doesnt sound as good as it should. I am using an Audiocontrol lc8 to sum the signals. The lc8 feeds a JL 300/4 and 500/1 which powers mbq q's up front and 3 jl 10w3v3s. I had a pair of jl coax in the rear deck, but disconnected them because they sounded terrible and were messing up the front soundstage. I also have an audiocontrol eql that is currently disconnected because it didnt help my cause too much.

Has anyone had luck in getting a real clean signal from dsp systems? Right now, it can go real loud, has no hiss or alternator whine, but it sounds like a tape deck. I have put hours into this thing trying to get it to sound right with no luck. Am I using the wrong summing device? I had most of this gear in my old car running off the oem deck and it sounded amazing - no lc8 needed then. Do I have the sound as good as it can get short of ripping out the HU? How good of sound can you get out of these summing devices? Advice please!!!

Thanks

Owen

chrisproia
08-02-2007, 09:35 PM
first things first: an iPod always sounds best hardwired into the stereo. Second, you are obviously missing a capacitor-- I recommend 2.0 - 2.5, but 1.5 will do fine if you don't run too much power. A capacitor is necessary, trust me.