PDA

View Full Version : Treo 750 & Bluetooth - IT FINALLY WORKS!

ycrazyy
08-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Well I'm sure like most of you who have this phone, I had severe issues with my Treo 750 integrating "seamlessly" (it worked off and on) with my 2005 325, and 2007 X3 and 530i. I tried all of the Jetware extensions and such and nothing seemed to make it work perfectly 100% of the time.

Finally there is a solution... I downloaded the pre-release of Windows Mobile 6 for AT&T and installed it and I am happy to announce that I have not had a single issue since then. It pairs perfectly every time, transfers my phone book, has not dropped a single call and always picks up. I can now initiate a call from my steering wheel on my X3 and 325 (those don't have Nav, the 530 does and I was always able to initiate calls). I believe the official release is supposed to be out this month or next month, but if you can't wait you can go to forums.xda-developers.com and download it. Just search the big WM6 thread for the mirrors, there should be plenty of them in there.

Mets335
08-06-2007, 08:12 PM
I have s treo 750 but my 335 isn't in yet. I've downloaded the jetware stuff already. My IT guy at work said that the jetware patch would not allow my car to see the contacts in my phone. I think it had something to do with the fact that they are stored on my network ("goodlink"?). He said I'd have to recreate the phonebook under outlook contacts. Does this sound familiar to anybody? I'd like to prep my phone before my car comes in. thanks for the help.

ycrazyy
08-07-2007, 08:18 AM
I don't have any experience with GoodLink but I do have experience with the JetWare plugin and I will say that it has mixed results. When I installed it the first time it worked perfectly for about a month and then stopped... a while later I did a hard reset and reinstalled JetWare and it didn't work at all. With the new WM6 I have no issues without having JetWare installed.

Your IT guy is probably right though about the car not seeing your GoodLink contacts because they are stored in a different place. One of my friends has GL and was able to somehow make the phone think his GL contacts were the Outlook contacts, I am not sure how he did it though.

Mets335
08-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the response. I went through today and entered the 50 or so numbers that I use regularly into the other contacts folder. Hopefully this works when I get the car.

By the way, does the car system need to have individual contacts entered for cell and work or does it drill down? Say under a name I have multiple numbers (home, cell, etc), do I need to enter these are "xyz home" and "xyz cell"?

gotoschoolhere
08-07-2007, 11:59 PM
Interesting...

I have a 650 and recently, sort of, "broke it." The speaker stopped working. So I decided to forgo the Treo (I went from the 600 to 650) and convert to Blackberry 8830.

I was NEVER fully able to connect the 650 to the X5, it would keep cutting it off and rebooting the Treo.

I am told of all the PDA's, the best one that syncs contacts to the Bluetooth and the iDrive are the Blackberry phone.

I know what you mean by those speed dials. I have about 65 numbers in there and when my car comes in I'll try it on the 328i comes in... I'll try it. I still have both phones activated and will see which one will work better.

Mets335
08-08-2007, 04:45 PM
FOr the people who's contacts weren't showing up:

Were your contacts under Programs/pocket outlook?

Mine were originally under my Goodlink contacts (company network) and I just re-entered them into the "pocket outlook" contacts. Is that sufficient?

Harald
10-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Great news. I am getting my new 750 tomorrow. I was told as of August 2007 they all have WM6 installed.

zking
12-19-2007, 08:11 AM
I'm hoping someone has solved the problem of contacts not showing in iDrive. I have a Treo 750 with WM6. The phone pairs great but the only contacts that show in iDrive are my 2 speed dial numbers?

My numbers are stored in the standard Contacts in WM6. My outlook is set to sync my contacts, calendar, and email with my corporate Exchange system.

Any ideas on how iDrive can recognize your full contacts list?

zking
12-21-2007, 08:56 AM
disregard previous post. www.jetwaremobile.com is all you need. worked perfectly.