PDA

View Full Version : Loaded M3 or Loaded 330CI


Ashe
12-23-2001, 05:07 PM
trying to decide on a 330CI or an M3 ..just can't justify spending that much $ on an m3

AF
12-23-2001, 05:14 PM
I know what you mean . . . the M3 is REALLY expensive. If I remember correctly you have a 323 so I think you should test drive the 330, you'll probably love it.

I find the power of my 330 is always enough, in fact the 330 is the perfect amount of power . . . it is fast enough to FEEL fast yet slow enough(compared to an M3) to allow you to USE the power.

The problem with the M3 and actually I found this out from when I used to have a 93 & a 95 Corvette was that when you floored it, you were done too quickly. In other words you hit above legal limits in no time . . . they were just too fast to enjoy all that power on the street.

Clem
12-23-2001, 05:17 PM
What did I tell you? Does my opinion not matter anymore? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

LOL

Getting a 330 will give you 2 extra options:

1. Mod money
2. House money

The latter making your wife a little happier ;)

But there is no other car quite like the M3.

All depends what your future plans look like. Keep in mind you sold the 323Ci to get married the first time around.

ayn
12-23-2001, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Ashe
trying to decide on a 330CI or an M3 ..just can't justify spending that much $ on an m3

Get the M3 if you can afford either, you won't regret it!
but if you will only be driving your car on the streets, the 330 is plenty fast and good enough, you won't like the 330 at all if you track your car. Most people here absolutely hate the drive by wire throttle! There is no way to cut through a corner in a predictable manner with the delayed throttle on the 330.

I would get a stripped M3 instead of a load 330 any day. Well, I'd at least get the Xenons and moonroof and maybe the HK, but other stuff is not really neccesarily.

--Andrew

Ashe
12-23-2001, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Clem
What did I tell you? Does my opinion not matter anymore? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

LOL

Getting a 330 will give you 2 extra options:

1. Mod money
2. House money

The latter making your wife a little happier ;)

But there is no other car quite like the M3.

All depends what your future plans look like. Keep in mind you sold the 323Ci to get married the first time around.

Ashe
12-23-2001, 05:23 PM
Stripped M3 ....i think that might be something ..but the thing is your always going to say i wish i got this or that

ism409
12-23-2001, 05:24 PM
IMHO..If you are having concerns on laying down all that cash for an m3..and lets face it ..most of us would have the same concerns..go for the 330. It is fast enough and it is not like you are settling for a pice of cr@p. Your second choice is a better car than most.
Have fun making your desicion.
btw...where in joisy are you from?

Ashe
12-23-2001, 05:26 PM
True....

I'm in Edison, NJ :)


Originally posted by ism409
IMHO..If you are having concerns on laying down all that cash for an m3..and lets face it ..most of us would have the same concerns..go for the 330. It is fast enough and it is not like you are settling for a pice of cr@p. Your second choice is a better car than most.
Have fun making your desicion.
btw...where in joisy are you from?

MJS
12-23-2001, 05:27 PM
I sometimes kick myself for not getting a 330. At the time, it seemed like a lot more money. But I wish I had done it. The 325 is a great car and has decent power, but I always wish it had more. And it's not just the power I wish it had more of. The handling of the M cars is superb.
Go with the M if you want a sportier car. The 330 is an excellent car, but....

If you got the money......

ayn
12-23-2001, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Ashe
Stripped M3 ....i think that might be something ..but the thing is your always going to say i wish i got this or that

Seriously, if I were to spec out my M3 now those would be the only options, I definitley do not want leather, I saw the leather with cloth inserts and it looked nice, and cloth gives me more grip on the track. Also both windows have to be down even if it rains, so having leather sucks if track days happen to rain.

Nav is still CDROM i think, with a wider screen, I don't think I need that. Power seats add weight and it's very hard to get it right, I'm the only driver of my car so it's totally useless.

What other options would you consider?

--Andrew

John@jersey
12-23-2001, 05:32 PM
The justification will fall into place after doing the following. Ashe have u test drove an e46 M3 yet? I mean really got on it and tested the brakes, clutch (w/o that lame clutch delay valve) sport mode, suspension in the extreme? Then jumped in a 330ci? Have u placed an M3 next to a 330ci and compared visual differences? not just exterior but interior as well

A car that lives up to the standard of cars that cost 20k more than an E46 M3. There wasnt much of a debate for me.
If u choose the M i can guarantee NO buyer's remorse. 330 is also a wonderful car. Good luck deciding bro ;)

Clem
12-23-2001, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Ashe
Love you man ...

Love you too brother :)

Why not consider a fully loaded 330i?

Cheaper than the 330Ci and more convenient when those little Ashe's start running around.

Get it with the sp and see if you can get the M-Tech front instead of the M-Aero that the 330i sp comes with. :)

Ashe
12-23-2001, 05:38 PM
I actually loaded it ...

MSRP: $46,545
Steel Gray Metallic $475
Imola Red Nappa Leather
Titan Shadow Trim $1,100
Sequential Manual Gearbox (SMG) $2,400
Harman Kardon premium sound system $675
Premium Package $3,200
Width-adjustable power front seat backrests $500
Heated front seats $500
Bi-xenon headlights $700
BMW On-board navigation system $1,800
Harman Kardon premium sound system $675

Total MSRP $56,795



Originally posted by ayn


Seriously, if I were to spec out my M3 now those would be the only options, I definitley do not want leather, I saw the leather with cloth inserts and it looked nice, and cloth gives me more grip on the track. Also both windows have to be down even if it rains, so having leather sucks if track days happen to rain.

Nav is still CDROM i think, with a wider screen, I don't think I need that. Power seats add weight and it's very hard to get it right, I'm the only driver of my car so it's totally useless.

What other options would you consider?

--Andrew

Ashe
12-23-2001, 05:41 PM
here is what I hope it will look like

ayn
12-23-2001, 05:41 PM
Alright, if u want one like that, wait a year and get a used one, options depreciate A LOT, if you buy one like that you'd better want to keep it for more than 5 years!

--Andrew



Originally posted by Ashe
I actually loaded it ...

MSRP: $46,545
Steel Gray Metallic $475
Imola Red Nappa Leather
Titan Shadow Trim $1,100
Sequential Manual Gearbox (SMG) $2,400
Harman Kardon premium sound system $675
Premium Package $3,200
Width-adjustable power front seat backrests $500
Heated front seats $500
Bi-xenon headlights $700
BMW On-board navigation system $1,800
Harman Kardon premium sound system $675

Total MSRP $56,795

Ashe
12-23-2001, 05:41 PM
nt

Ashe
12-23-2001, 05:42 PM
another

Ashe
12-23-2001, 05:43 PM
yeah..but I want the NAV... the SMG i think wouyld be fun... and the leather ..I love the 2 tones


Originally posted by JPinTO
Loaded M3?!?... half those options are crap.... unless you got loads of $$$ to splurge.

Isn't the usual question: "Loaded 325 or stripped 330"?

"Loaded 330 or stripped M3"?

ayn
12-23-2001, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by JPinTO
Loaded M3?!?... half those options are crap.... unless you got loads of $$$ to splurge.

Isn't the usual question: "Loaded 325 or stripped 330"?

"Loaded 330 or stripped M3"?

I TOTALLY AGREE, dude, unless you have **** load of money to unload, the only good options are, in decreasing usefulness: xenons, moonroof, H/K, and maybe leather.

If you get it really loaded you're looking at a HUGE depreciation after you drive it off the lot! I loaded up my 330 and am regretting it. If I bought a stripped 330, I will be driving home an M3 in a week! Depreciation is killing me. but I might get that M3 in the Classified board tho, damn good deal.

--Andrew

Ashe
12-23-2001, 05:47 PM
I understand what you are saying and i think i might go the selectively stripped M3



Originally posted by ayn


I TOTALLY AGREE, dude, unless you have **** load of money to unload, the only good options are, in decreasing usefulness: xenons, moonroof, H/K, and maybe leather.

If you get it really loaded you're looking at a HUGE depreciation after you drive it off the lot! I loaded up my 330 and am regretting it. If I bought a stripped 330, I will be driving home an M3 in a week! Depreciation is killing me. but I might get that M3 in the Classified board tho, damn good deal.

--Andrew

Ashe
12-23-2001, 05:49 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm a nicely equiped 330ci is 41,500 wow

ayn
12-23-2001, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Ashe
I understand what you are saying and i think i might go the selectively stripped M3





btw, SMGII might be a good option too, but for the money saving I'd go for a 6spd. I want to be able to drive a real manual really well before going to peddle shifter. I have a step now, and I really don't know how to heel-toe and all...

You can't go wrong with a stripped M3 with only the neccesary options. You can always sell it and get a loaded one without losing a lot of money. M cars don't depreciate much, but options on an M car still do. just my .02. =)

--Andrew

ayn
12-23-2001, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Ashe
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm a nicely equiped 330ci is 41,500 wow


yup, no ****, I loaded mine up and also was stupid enough to have paid MSRP, I can afford an M3 without any problems now but I will take a BIG hit on my 330... this is killing me everyday!!

Get a stripped M3 instead of a loaded 330, from what you said you can probably afford an M3, and you will only be better off financially in a year or so, and at that time you will really regret getting the loaded 330.

Ashe
12-23-2001, 05:59 PM
so true

ayn
12-23-2001, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Ashe
so true


and lemme repeat myself one more time, options depreciate a lot, when you appraise a loaded car they will act like they don't want any of your options and rape you. sad... =(

--Andrew

Ashe
12-23-2001, 06:04 PM
I know what you are saying and i think thats why I'm leaning M3 Steel Gray, Bi Xeons and MAYBE SMG

Originally posted by ayn



and lemme repeat myself one more time, options depreciate a lot, when you appraise a loaded car they will act like they don't want any of your options and rape you. sad... =(

--Andrew

ayn
12-23-2001, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Ashe
I know what you are saying and i think thats why I'm leaning M3 Steel Gray, Bi Xeons and MAYBE SMG



alright, that's a damn good combo, i feel sick when i see most M3s out there are fully loaded, those guys either have too much money or just don't really know **** about BMWs.

--Andrew

Ashe
12-23-2001, 06:09 PM
and moonroof

ayn
12-23-2001, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Ashe
and moonroof

Yeah, I like moonroof too, I know it adds weight and stuff but I love convertibles and the moonroof gets me a little closer to having a convertible. I use my moonroof in my 330 almost all the time.

--Andrew