PDA

View Full Version : Ne1 use Griots grarage carnuba paste?

ism409
12-23-2001, 05:41 PM
If so how long does it last?
I am looking for something that I do not have to apply every month. Any comments?
Thanks

ayn
12-23-2001, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by ism409
If so how long does it last?
I am looking for something that I do not have to apply every month. Any comments?
Thanks

do u know about thewaxtest.com?

ism409
12-23-2001, 05:52 PM
I just went there it is just some flash movie that says we'll be back soon.. uhh I guess when it is up..i'll find answers there?

ayn
12-23-2001, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by ism409
I just went there it is just some flash movie that says we'll be back soon.. uhh I guess when it is up..i'll find answers there?

Yes, i guess it'll be up again soon. They compared ALL the major waxes, I think you will find the info there useful.

I went form Blitz to Zaino to now P21S Carnuaba, P21S is the best so far, I just did the whole 4-hr detail thing to my bimmer a few days ago and my car now shines even in the dark! freakin awesome!

I highly recommend getting the P21S carcare kit, I've had really good experience with autodetail.com.

--Andrew

Chipster
12-23-2001, 06:04 PM
Ask Ripsnort. He has been using Griots for a while. I use their Best of Show Wax, car wash, interior cleaner, towels, chamios.

I really like their stuff, and woudl recommend it.

Waxtest.com gives a lot of great info.

The HACK
12-23-2001, 06:08 PM
The paste wax is suppose to be better than their Best of Show wax. Their Best of Show wax is simply amazing. It got a very good grade on thewaxtest.com, but was out done by the P21 stuff. The P21 stuff is suppose to last longer.

If you want outstanding shine with incredible longevity, you should try Zaino. The synthetic waxes tend to last longer. I personally like applying wax to my car every few months or so, and the Best of Show stuff is simply amazing.

SteveT
12-23-2001, 06:18 PM
Uh - Oh here comes the old wax discussion...

I've used both Zaino and Zymol. I think most of these products are equally as good if you use them regularly and wash with the right detergent. Some of the dishwashing detergents will strip the wax off. You can take it off a lot faster than you put it on. I'm talking about wax now...

Guest84
12-23-2001, 06:40 PM
I agree with the Hack, the Carnauba wax is easier to remove if you get too much on, if you overdose just a bit on the Show wax, its tough to remove.

I'm guessing the Griots Carnauba would go 3-4 months with a garaged car...I've got close to 3 months on mine (garaged) and its just now starting to bead alittle less, still feels slick though..(shrugs)

I just finished with some P21S paint cleaner and Carnauba wax on the hood yesterday, first impressions:
~Paint cleaner speaks of removal as "Buff out" before coming to a haze.

~Carnauba wax basically the same, don't wait for it to fully dry, its really amazing how this Carnauba based wax removes so cleanly the first swipe compared to Griots, with Griots I had to go over the same place 2 times sometimes 3, to remove that 'greese' look to it...not so with P21S...I think Dave from The Wax Test was correct in his assumption that its the prepartion of the surface with the Paint cleaner, I agree with Dave about "It has some voodoo magic that happens and enhances the wax..."

When I feel better *(crud gots me) gonna do the trunk side by side with P21S paint cleaner on both sides, then Griots carnauba on one side, and P21S Carnauba on the other.. I'll post my 2 cents worth on them...

Guest84
12-23-2001, 06:43 PM
and to agree with SteveT and follow up...Polymers will outlast carnauba's in the long haul. My thing has always been,"If its garaged, use carnauba, if its outside 24/7, go with polymer. Works for me.

ism409
12-23-2001, 07:28 PM
hey you guys thanks so much for the feadback. I think I am going to go for it and give it a try. I'll be sure to keep an eye on the waxtest.com and when it comes up see what info I can gather from that.

hts
12-24-2001, 01:07 PM
at carcareonline.com, and when I asked him to sell me their best wash, wax, and tire cleaner, this is what I got:

SONAX GLOSS SHAMPOO
IS BACK!!!!
A great car wash! Cleans quickly and thoroughly while protecting the paint and wax. A phosphate-free car wash that rinses easily and quickly, leaving the finish glossy and squeaky clean. Use just one-third of the bottom measuring cup in a full wash pail. (Our co-favorite car wash.)

ONE GRAND BLITZ WAX
The ultimate Carnauba paste wax that works equally well on all paint colors and types of paint. Produces a deep, durable shine that protects all paints against the harmful elements. Contains no cleaners or abrasives. Easy to apply (try using your fingers instead of a cloth or pad - body heat melts the wax) and easy to remove, yet long lasting. Buff out with a soft 100% cotton flannel cloth to produce a deep long lasting shine. Blitz is the easiest to apply and remove wax we have ever found. You may layer several coats (a week apart) for an even deeper shine. (Our favorite wax for a daily driver.)

P21S HIGH PERFORMANCE WHEEL CLEANER
The original formula is a pH controlled, water based detergent solution that will not damage expensive painted, clear coated, polished or anodized wheels. Highly effective against all kinds of dirt and brake dust. Spray on dry cool wheel, gently sponge, allow to work for a few minutes and rinse off with water. Extra dirty wheels may need gentle brushing. Do not use any wheel cleaner in the direct sun or on a hot wheel. The kit contains a 500 ml bottle, spray head, sponge and instruction booklet. The only wheel cleaner recommended by Germany's top sports and luxury car manufacturers. (Our favorite wheel cleaner for normal accumulations of brake dust.)

Of course, I haven't had time to even open up the box to see if it's all there (I bought some all-cotton towels and some sort of Australian sheep mitt thing), even though I received it like 6 months ago.