PDA

View Full Version : Finishing M Audio sub upgrade - advice on parcel shelf please

dolack
08-16-2007, 11:28 AM
Here's a big thank you to all of those who have done this already and written up the details. :thumbup::):thumbup::D:thumbup:

I can't recommend this upgrade enough. The new M subs are in and the DSP sounds superb. It's not just that the bass is filled in, but the entire range sounds much more realistic and natural.

Now it's time to put everything else back in place.

Any advice on getting the parcel shelf (with sun shade screen) positioned correctly would be very helpful. I have the screen loosely attached to the trunk and in position through the parcel shelf, but the shelf itself just will not go that last half inch or so back to be flush with the rear window and middle tail light. The screen is back as far as the slots in the trunk will allow but the shelf will not go all of the way back.

Admittedly I was worn out last night while trying to get it back in place, but before I try it again this evening it would be great to know if there is anything better to do that push/lift/pull/wiggle randomly until it goes the rest of the way back.

Chris

dolack
08-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Well here's my tiny contribution to the M-Audio subwoofer upgrade.

The parcel shelf will not go all the way in place if the sun screen is through it, either extended or retracted. You have to have the screen behind the shelf and loosely attached to the slots in the trunk. This lets the shelf get into position, then you fasten it in place, then you pull the screen through the opening in the shelf.

The only other difficult part was getting the middle seat belt buckle and driver's side buckle through the opening in the seat.

It turned out to be more work that expected, but still VERY much worth the effort.