PDA

View Full Version : request: interior entertainment forum?

jaisonline
03-04-2003, 10:55 PM
hi jon,

can you create an interior entertainment forum for car audio-related aftermarket modifications?

e46fanatics.com has an "ice" forum but i feel bimmerfest would attract more users and better discussions.

thanks,
jaisonline

Kaz
03-04-2003, 11:33 PM
I think there are so few people here interested in this to make a separate forum worthwhile.

I can think of all the 'regulars' that I know of with aftermarket stuff on 1 hand (including myself).

TD
03-05-2003, 05:43 AM
There already exists a highly traffic BMW ICE forum - E46Fanatics.com.

There are just not enough guys here who are into that hard-core. A few (like myself) might add satellite radio, but very very few here will do a full-blown system.

Dr. Phil
03-05-2003, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by TD

There are just not enough guys here who are into that hard-core. A few (like myself) might add satellite radio, but very very few here will do a full-blown system.
Agreed, because of the low volume it would make sense to me to include those topics in DIY or General discussion areas.

·clyde·
03-05-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by TD

And a few others with Phatboxes :D or other MP3 players/readers plugged into their otherwise stock setups (and yet a few more looking to do the same).

Cliff
03-05-2003, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Clyde@work
And a few others with Phatboxes :D or other MP3 players/readers plugged into their otherwise stock setups (and yet a few more looking to do the same).

Did someone say Phatbox? :str8pimpi (BTW and FWIW, it would appear that May (http://www.phatnoise.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=705) is when BMW units are likely to be available again.) Other than that, a me too from me, too - most folks here seem to keep their ICE relatively stock, in contrast with the show car and wannabee crowd over at the E46fanatics site.

jaisonline
03-05-2003, 07:49 AM
why force users to visit multiple web sites for various bmw info?

there is a bmw customer base which like to upgrade their factory stereo. e46fanantics might be good for ICE info but some might feel that bmw vehicle discussions (parts, troubleshooting, specific models, etc...) on that site aren't up to par with bimmerfest.com.

why not create a new forum for "interior car entertainment" on bimmerfest.com for a few month trial. see how it goes. if there isn't enough interest, then delete the forum.

the DYI forum seems to be dedicated to performance upgrades and taking cars apart and not "interior car entertainment".

Kaz
03-05-2003, 10:30 AM
Just like the fact that this forum doesn't cater to other niches of the community doesn't mean outlets for them don't exist (typically over on Fanatics). Especially since the two are being run by the same people behind-the-scenes makes catering to the same niches on both places especially redundant.

I don't see what's so hard about having a 2nd browser tab open to look in specific forums on both boards. I look at the Classified forums on Fanatics regularly since there isn't much traffic for it here.