PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for my e39

1BADBM
08-18-2007, 09:19 AM
My stock radio is not working...plays for a couple seconds then shuts off. BMWNA is only offering me 50% "goodwill" still equals $400 plus for a crappy radio. I might as well go after market but I want to keep it classy. Any suggestions on HU or setups??? Pics would be nice....Thanks

dolack
08-18-2007, 07:05 PM
You will give up a lot without the factory head unit. Of course there are lots of things to gain with aftermarket systems.

Is your system a DSP?

1BADBM
08-19-2007, 04:14 PM
Its non DSP....I think I'll lose the calculator that reads my mpg, temp, etc. which is not a huge concern .

tom @ eas
08-20-2007, 12:33 PM
I don't recommend anything but stock - aftermarket looks out of place in the e39.

1BADBM
08-20-2007, 08:39 PM
I don't recommend anything but stock - aftermarket looks out of place in the e39.

I feel the same way also. I was looking at the upgraded stock replacement that you guys have for $429 and have a couple questions.

Might be a stupid question but i was unclear, does that include the MID and cd player?

Is it warrantied in case the pixels start dying or if it does the same thing that mine is doing?

Is it DSP?

Thanks in advance Tom!

tom @ eas
08-20-2007, 08:45 PM
I feel the same way also. I was looking at the upgraded stock replacement that you guys have for $429 and have a couple questions.

Might be a stupid question but i was unclear, does that include the MID and cd player?

Is it warrantied in case the pixels start dying or if it does the same thing that mine is doing?

Is it DSP?

Thanks in advance Tom!

The Radio is the CD player itself, the MID is only a display - you will retain your original MID.

The amplifier is the DSP-specific item, the radio is compatible with DSP and non-DSP systems.

1BADBM
08-21-2007, 04:22 AM
ohh ok I got understand