PDA

View Full Version : Q for Tom re: sirius in a Z4

jeff330i
08-19-2007, 07:46 PM
Tom - I bought a Sirius unit from you back in the end of March, and I have yet to do the install. I noticed on your website that you sell an audio cable for DSP equipped Z4's 03-06 (Item #277). I have an '06 3.0si, and this cable is not included in the bundle. Do I need this item as well for the install?

Also, can the wires for the audio leads be fished to the trunk in a roadster? I don't want to mount the box in my storage box.

Thanks Tom!

tom @ eas
08-20-2007, 01:32 PM
Tom - I bought a Sirius unit from you back in the end of March, and I have yet to do the install. I noticed on your website that you sell an audio cable for DSP equipped Z4's 03-06 (Item #277). I have an '06 3.0si, and this cable is not included in the bundle. Do I need this item as well for the install?

Also, can the wires for the audio leads be fished to the trunk in a roadster? I don't want to mount the box in my storage box.

Thanks Tom!

On the MY06+ Z4/Z4M , this cable is already prewired - you are good to go. :)

jeff330i
08-22-2007, 05:35 PM
Tom - that audio cable was a NIGHTMARE to fish into the trunk. The little power cable was ok, but the audio cable took me 30 minutes of poking to set free.

Anyhow - I mounted the antenna inside the little compartment between the headrests (i have a roadster), however the reception is sketchy. The antenna is facing up and everything, i just think too many things may be blocking it's sky shot. Is there anywhere else you might suggest? Or maybe a more powerful antenna (costly...)?

tom @ eas
08-22-2007, 05:46 PM
Tom - that audio cable was a NIGHTMARE to fish into the trunk. The little power cable was ok, but the audio cable took me 30 minutes of poking to set free.

Anyhow - I mounted the antenna inside the little compartment between the headrests (i have a roadster), however the reception is sketchy. The antenna is facing up and everything, i just think too many things may be blocking it's sky shot. Is there anywhere else you might suggest? Or maybe a more powerful antenna (costly...)?

You can try moving the antenna around - we've always had great success there.