PDA

View Full Version : CD changer was "unplugged" and extra set of RCA plugs are back there...

BigTex
08-21-2007, 10:03 PM
I just bought a 2003 540 sport with DSP. It has the CD changer in the trunk...which didn't eject the cassette nor show up on the Nav screen but the car was under CPO warranty so I didn't care at first. When I took it in for repair, they said the CD changer had been disconnected and that a set of RCA plugs were hanging lose in the back. Unfortunately I don't have the original owners name so I can't call and ask him. Anyone have any ideas on why he would have disconnected the CD Changer and put in some RCA plugs??

Thanks!

BigTex

marZZZZcel
08-22-2007, 04:29 AM
In my case, I have an DSP amp in my Z4 and the audio signal is given directly from the amp to the CD changer via a mini coaxcable. I don't have the two RCa audio plugs in the rootcable, but normally you can use one of the options and not both.
So I think, you have to check if your CD changer have the same connections.

I have an other problem with my system:
I can see the whole menu DSP in my CID, but I can't activate it in the menu.
The Carver woofers are doing great, but I can't use DSP and that annoys me.
Another thing: My CD changer is doing everything right, but I can't here the sound.
I already cheched the coaxcable from the DSP amp to th CD changer, but I can't here the music.
Is there annyone, haveing the same problem or suggestions?

Oh by the way, I think that the first owner of your car, had an iPod installed via an Icelink cable.
It will only work when You disconnect The RCA cables from the CD changer.

Greatings from Holland

tom @ eas
08-24-2007, 09:30 AM
I just bought a 2003 540 sport with DSP. It has the CD changer in the trunk...which didn't eject the cassette nor show up on the Nav screen but the car was under CPO warranty so I didn't care at first. When I took it in for repair, they said the CD changer had been disconnected and that a set of RCA plugs were hanging lose in the back. Unfortunately I don't have the original owners name so I can't call and ask him. Anyone have any ideas on why he would have disconnected the CD Changer and put in some RCA plugs??

Thanks!

BigTex

Is your CD Changer a BMW unit or aftermarket?

BigTex
08-24-2007, 10:24 PM
It's factory BMW.....

tom @ eas
08-25-2007, 02:27 PM
It's factory BMW.....

Please post a picture of what you are referring to.

RichardP
08-28-2007, 11:53 AM
I'd guess that someone has installed a CD->Aux interface to allow connection of an iPod or some other audio source. Trace the RCA's back and see what they go into, you'll probably find a box that has the BMW CD Changer connections plugged into it.