PDA

View Full Version : New e39 owner - Speaker/Amp mods a must!

BigTex
08-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Love the car, hate the speakers. I have a 2003 540 Sport with DSP and with Nav. I'm a bass lover and this car has no Bass (as we all know). I could also stand to have more "umph" or power in general. Without going crazy, it sounds like the best things to do are: 1. Buy the "M-audio" woofers and replace the Nokia box with those woofers. 2. Replace the DSP amp with an aftermarket amp that produces more power.

The other speakers in the car are o.k. to me and I'm not overly concerned about getting more highs. I'm also thinking that more power from an Amp will probably improve the other factory speakers anyway.

Looking for either a :thumbup: from everyone that my above assumptions will cure my problem, or suggestions on other ways to do this.

Also, I'm located in the Dallas TX area if anyone would like to recommend a stereo store (although I can probably do basic install stuff).

Thanks!

BigTex
Steven
skscott@msn.com

Halston@BSW
08-31-2007, 10:38 AM
Maybe remove the horrible DSP subwoofers and the M Audio upgrade is really not all that great either and replace it with a single 10" Deck Mount system?

xxpanipuri
08-31-2007, 05:38 PM
Maybe remove the horrible DSP subwoofers and the M Audio upgrade is really not all that great either and replace it with a single 10" Deck Mount system?

do you have anything similar to the m audio upgrade where i can replace the rear speakers with 10 inch sub just to get a bit more bump?

JezonCote
09-02-2007, 07:02 AM
These guys are a bit of a drive from Gilroy, but check out what they did with an E39. I'm thinking about doing the same thing.

http://www.monney.com/bmw5.htm

JezonCote
09-02-2007, 07:11 AM
Too bad BOSE doesn't sell any of their car audio products. I loved the system in my 2003 acura TL - S. It provided a good clean sound. Bass was clean and musical, not the boxy thud of the stock E39 system nor the muddy boom of many custom installs. The subwoofer was mounted in the rear deck and didn't require the enclosure underneath it.

tom @ eas
09-02-2007, 05:27 PM
We've done the M-audio upgrade in a few e39s - gets our approval for a few reasons:

1. Sounds great
2. Can be driven off the stock amp
3. Retains usable trunk space without an ugly looking speaker box
4. OEM BMW parts

Halston@BSW
09-04-2007, 07:37 AM
Ehhhh the M-Audio subs sound terrible. I guess I am a bit biased as we can put our slim mount 10" in the middle of the trunk and it will out perform both M-Audio subs. It is not an ugly speaker box. It mounts to OEM holes and requires not cutting or drilling. It is a huge let down if you purchased the M-Audio from the dealer when you bought your BMW new.

Unfortunately no pictures of the slim mount 10 yet but just imagine the picture in the link and it is 1/2 as deep.

http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/product.php/II=478/_cid=196

SonOfWMB
09-10-2007, 08:30 PM
Unfortunately no pictures of the slim mount 10 yet but just imagine the picture in the link and it is 1/2 as deep.

http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/product.php/II=478/_cid=196

Is the slim mount 10 the same price as the d110.e39? How does the sound compare?