PDA

View Full Version : Invoice increase ? for Jon

Dr. Phil
12-23-2001, 07:13 PM
As I noted in the thread where you were kind enough to give us the new numbers, my unit will be here (Port of Ny/NJ on 12/26). Do you think the VPC, etc. will be able to get it to my dealer (in Central PA) in time to beat the 1/1/02 switch?

I'm afraid that the holidays will make this a hard thing to accomplish. How do you think dealers are going to treat those of us who have units on order or have been produced or in my case in US but not quite to dealer?

For my unit the invoice increase is ~$635. Not alot of $ but compared to the 1500 over deal I originally struck it sucks.:mad: What are the odds the dealer will eat the loss?

Jon Shafer
12-23-2001, 10:10 PM
I am inclined to "swallow" lost gross profit resulting from the wholesale price increase... I am sure that we will all be reading posts soon enough regarding dealers that will refuse to. As a dealer, my primary concern is "bringing them back alive"; taking care of the customer so that I can have a crack at their business the next time around as well... All I can say is good luck, and that you can always walk away from the deal...

silroc
12-23-2001, 10:20 PM
give a man a fish and he can eat for a day

teach him how to fish and he can eat for life

just like business........................

be good to your customers, and they will be back

I see too many people/dealers/busenesses take a short term approach to life... get what you can get NOW :-( , and missing the big picture

be good man

Dr. Phil
12-24-2001, 06:16 AM
Your thoughts are exactly what I would expect from a top class mgr/dealer:D . I hope they do the same since it will probably be the 2nd til it gets to the dealer.

If they jam me:mad: Who has a 325xiT available on the lot w/ PP, SP, Step, HS, HK, full spare and ette. I won't be picky about color;) unless of course its TiAg:o don't want to blend in here in conservative Lancaster county PA.

silroc, thanks for the positive words