PDA

View Full Version : Do I also have to have a bluetooth module?

bjsbuds
08-26-2007, 09:50 AM
I just received an E46 2006 330Cic with Navigation. According to the sticker, it has BMW Assist with Bluetooth system. I got the new Chocolate three weeks ago, and it will not pair up with the car. I have one more week to return the Chocolate to Verizon.

According the BMWUSA there are only three phones compatible with this car & Verizon service; Motorola V3m RAZR, Blackberry 7130, and Motorola V325i. I know people who have had the RAZR and are not happy with them. I also know someone who has a 2006 325i (E9x) that uses a KRAZR.

If you use Verizon and have been able to succesfully pair your phone with an E46 w/Nav, please tell me what phone you are using.

I posted this question on another forum, and someone responded say they think I need to have a BT module. Is there something else I need other than the option that came with the car?

LDV330i
08-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Just because the phone is not on the list it does not mean that it will not pair. I had a Nokia that would pair but not transfer the phonebook. I then went to a Razr which fully implemented all BT operations. 3 weeks ago I went to a HP iPaq 510 (Windows Mobile 6) and it has full BT implementation including transferring the phonebook.

You may want to double check your pairing procedure.

bjsbuds
08-27-2007, 11:05 AM
I guess I didn't need a Bluetooth Module afterall. My new Chocolate paired up just fine today.