PDA

View Full Version : Car Damage Question.

johm_330Ci
12-23-2001, 06:25 PM
I was driving around my parents' house today. They live in the Mountains of south-west Virginia. The road there are tons of fun. Well, not all of them. I was driving along this one lane gravel road, and needed to turn around. Well, i tried to U turn on the tall grass, and the left bottom front of my car scraped a boulder sticking out of the ground.

I've attached a pic of my car and the area where it was damaged. The "mud-guard looking plastic piece on the front of the car shattered. There is now a loose wire hanging down there. I was wondering if any of you had this happen. I've checked all my lights (low, high, blinker, fog, side) and everything seems to be connected.

Also, for those of you with the bently manual... Does that manual have all this sort of info in it? Would you recommend that I get one?

DrBimmer
12-23-2001, 06:36 PM
You might have scraped the "triangle". I am not sure what side of the car it is on on the E46. It is where the exterior temperature sensor is located. Have you been getting crazy readings? If not then I don't know what it could be. I'll have to take a look under my car tomorrow and see what wires are over on that side.

ashecnc
12-23-2001, 07:02 PM
Hey johm_330Ci, I live in the mountains of NC far western north, ski area. it connects with where you were today. Like you said, the roads are great!
:eek: