PDA

View Full Version : Sirius Recption in and around DC

Tlon
09-01-2007, 08:47 AM
I have a 2007 X3 with Sirius. I'm coming from a 2004 330i in which I had XM through the blitzsafe adapter. I get terrible reception with the Sirius. I could count on two hands the number of times the XM radio audibly lost a signal, but with Sirius I get pauses in the sound constantly. Some days are worse than others, and obviously some places are worse than others, but on some days I'll lose the signal in a place I used to get it. It's terrible. If this was my first experience with satellite radio, I would never have got it again. I know XM has terrestial repeaters, but is Sirius really this bad? Is this what others experience with Sirius as well?

SRFast
09-03-2007, 04:57 AM
I have a 2007 X3 with Sirius. I'm coming from a 2004 330i in which I had XM through the blitzsafe adapter. I get terrible reception with the Sirius. I could count on two hands the number of times the XM radio audibly lost a signal, but with Sirius I get pauses in the sound constantly. Some days are worse than others, and obviously some places are worse than others, but on some days I'll lose the signal in a place I used to get it. It's terrible. If this was my first experience with satellite radio, I would never have got it again. I know XM has terrestial repeaters, but is Sirius really this bad? Is this what others experience with Sirius as well?

Who installed the Sirius radio? XM is based in DC so they would have a strong presense there, but Sirius has 12 active terrestrial repeaters in the DC area. Here is a link to Sirius repeater locations: http://www.dogstarradio.com/sirius_map.php.

I've used Sirius in the DC area with no problems so I suspect a bad install or receiver.

Hope this helps....JL

Tlon
09-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Thank you for your reply. Maybe it is the install. I'll take it to the dealer.