PDA

View Full Version : More Bluetooth help

tomm1999
09-04-2007, 09:45 AM
I posted a couple weeks ago I was taking a Bluetooth ULF out of an 05 325ci and putting it in to an 06 325ci. First I would like to say thank you to everyone who helped me with getting the parts and giving me the part numbers. Well, I got the bluetooth antenna in under the console pretty easy, and removed the ULF from the 05 really easy too, but when I went to install it I ran into a small problem. The white and black connector in the trunk plugged into the ULF, but the purple and black (i think the one that comes from the antenna under the console) looked the same as the connectors on the ULF. It looks like the one cable (black and white) is a female (much larger clip on it) where as the purple and black one is that same as what I am trying to plug it into (male). Does anyone know about this, or what I can do to fix it?

Thanks in advance for everyones help

Also, does the bluetooth need to be activated now that the first free year of Assist is over. I used it in the 05 before, but now it doesnt work. I dont need to install a pairing button, do I? On the 05 I just used the steering wheel.