PDA

View Full Version : How do I use my CD changer input as aux input

FXDawg
09-10-2007, 07:04 AM
Hello,

Can anyone give me advice as to how I might use my cd changer input as an aux input for ipod integration? I've already purchased the HK drive+play 1. I'm thinking I'd likr to use the cd changer input and just do away with the changer as I won't need it while carrying my whole library on my ipod.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Danny

Technic
09-10-2007, 08:51 AM
Hello,

Can anyone give me advice as to how I might use my cd changer input as an aux input for ipod integration? I've already purchased the HK drive+play 1. I'm thinking I'd likr to use the cd changer input and just do away with the changer as I won't need it while carrying my whole library on my ipod.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Danny

You would be looking for an aftermarket CD Changer adapter with AUX input for BMW's. Check here... http://www.logjamelectronics.com/

FXDawg
09-10-2007, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the reply!

I'll try that. It's funny but those adapters seem to cost more that the drive+play...I just thought I might be able to do this today...and without spending another $100.00

tom @ eas
09-10-2007, 10:19 AM
The radio is not compatible for AUX, otherwise you'll have to use the FM modulator (terrible sound) within the kit.

Best would be to return the D&P and use the DICE:

DICE iPod Integration Kit for BMW
http://www.europeanautosource.com/product_info.php?products_id=268

This will offer radio control and charging of the iPod also.

FXDawg
09-10-2007, 04:37 PM
I really like the interface of the d&p...are you saying there is no way to use the cd input? I guess I'll have to return it...bummer

tom @ eas
09-10-2007, 04:39 PM
I really like the interface of the d&p...are you saying there is no way to use the cd input? I guess I'll have to return it...bummer

Not unless you get the AUX interface - and by that time, you'll be in DICE territory on price. Better to get an integrated system.