PDA

View Full Version : X5 steering controls

panthrax
09-14-2007, 12:38 AM
hey, how do u guys change yr headunit without making the volume/channel controls on the steering redundant? i wana upgrade the soundsystem but i duno wat i shud do..

bpautosound
09-14-2007, 07:41 PM
what year is your x5? Pac-audio makes steering wheel interfaces Pac-audio.com It should work with your x5 I have installed them on pre 2004 5 series before ( without i drive ) so it should work with yours as well.

panthrax
09-15-2007, 11:38 PM
mine's a 2002 x5 4.6is with a basic soundsystem with that tapedeck thing on the upper DIN...

im very much interested in getting a headunit like clarion/sony to replace the original unit if thats possible to be controlled by the steering controls.. however i very much doubt i can get that pac-audio thing from where i am.
is it possible to hotwire the cabling of a conventional headunit to work with the OEM steering controls?

chefwong
09-16-2007, 05:55 AM
PAC works just fine. I have it on my X5 with a Pioneer Avic Z1 and it works great.

bpautosound
09-16-2007, 10:53 AM
You need the pac interface, look them up online pac-audio.com you might be able to purchase it direct. I know the owner and the sales rep there there facility is quite small and would not turn you down.