PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to add the ability to ignore entire forums?


TD
03-12-2003, 08:25 PM
Many of us view the board using "View New Posts" from the main page. This makes it easier to see what is going on on numerous forums simultaneously as most of us check our model specific forum plus General, Off-Topic and often others. So viewing the entire board using "View New Posts" makes sense.

But just like there are certain posters that you *know* you won't care to read posts from (and can put on Ignore), I'm pretty sure each of us has at least one forum that they would like to ignore.

Is this possible?

cosmo911
03-12-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by TD
Many of us view the board using "View New Posts" from the main page. This makes it easier to see what is going on on numerous forums simultaneously as most of us check our model specific forum plus General, Off-Topic and often others. So viewing the entire board using "View New Posts" makes sense.

But just like there are certain posters that you *know* you won't care to read posts from (and can put on Ignore), I'm pretty sure each of us has at least one forum that they would like to ignore.

Is this possible?

Dude, is it really that hard for you to ignore a link and *NOT* click on it? If so, you've got issues my man.... :tsk:

TD
03-12-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by cosmo911
Dude, is it really that hard for you to ignore a link and *NOT* click on it? If so, you've got issues my man.... :tsk:

I need to find a way to not see the thousands of detailing posts as it's almost Zaino season.

AF
03-12-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by TD
I need to find a way to not see the thousands of detailing posts as it's almost Zaino season.

If you want, I can set it so that when you look for new posts, it takes you right over to the bimmerfest showroom :D :D

Just let me know ;)

Kaz
03-12-2003, 09:38 PM
I've asked for this freaking feature from the very beginning...

alee
04-02-2003, 05:43 PM
Bringing this to the top so it doesn't get lost in the Lounge thread.

There is a way to do this and allow you to view only subscribed forums when you click "View New Posts".

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32267

alee
04-02-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by rumatt
Uh, that's directions for the folks who run the board, right?

Without this feature, what is the point of subscribing to a forum anyway? I havent' figured this out yet.
Yes, this has to be enabled by the board admins. The code isn't visible in that link... only those with VBulletin licenses can see that code.

TD
04-03-2003, 12:50 PM
PLEASE implement this "feature". PLEASE!!!!
http://www.diamondtalk.com/forums/images/smilies/85/1087.gif