PDA

View Full Version : Changing the ED date

dkotanto
03-13-2003, 09:15 PM
Hi all,

I'm leaving for Munich on the 17th and I initialy was scheduled to p/u the car on the 19th . Is it possible to change the delivery date to the 18th? I will also contact my dealer (Adrian, Chris BMW is the MAN!) also to see what he says.

Thanks,
Jim

Matthew330Ci
03-13-2003, 10:19 PM
i don't know if they can change it this late.

i moved my date up by 1 day as well, but i requested the change like a month ahead.. and got it.

beewang
03-13-2003, 11:02 PM
Jim, its too late trying to arrange pick-up a day early at this point. There are several factors:
1) Keep in mind that the ED office has a full schedule EVERYDAY and they cannot accomadate "one more person"

2) The cars are brought out the night before to a staging area for next days scheduled delivery. Frankly, it takes them ALOT more time and effort trying to find your car in the seas of BMWs in the storage lot. It cannot be done by you showing up a day earlier.

3) Paperwork, are set up in the delivery date order. Furthermore they will not release a car before its registration and insurance date. (You will noticed that your paperwork will have a insurance and registration commencemet date of YOUR pick up date.

The BMW ED center staff are GREAT and accomadating, but... what you are asking is beyond their control, ask me how I know.

;)

beewang:bigpimp:

dkotanto
03-14-2003, 07:55 AM
I was afraid of that...oh well, thanks for the input folks.

Jim

Patrick330i
03-14-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by beewang
Jim, its too late trying to arrange pick-up a day early at this point. There are several factors:
1) Keep in mind that the ED office has a full schedule EVERYDAY and they cannot accomadate "one more person"

2) The cars are brought out the night before to a staging area for next days scheduled delivery. Frankly, it takes them ALOT more time and effort trying to find your car in the seas of BMWs in the storage lot. It cannot be done by you showing up a day earlier.

3) Paperwork, are set up in the delivery date order. Furthermore they will not release a car before its registration and insurance date. (You will noticed that your paperwork will have a insurance and registration commencemet date of YOUR pick up date.

The BMW ED center staff are GREAT and accomadating, but... what you are asking is beyond their control, ask me how I know.

;)

The mod has spoken. All hail, beewang.

Good post, man, and good info you have! :thumbup:

MD2b
03-15-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by beewang
snip
what you are asking is beyond their control, ask me how I know.

;)

and how do you know? :P

beewang
03-17-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by MD2b
and how do you know? :P

Heheh.. 'cause this dumba$$ showed up at ED office last November a day early, hoping that they maybe running ahead of schedule and can "hook me up" w/ the new car a day early.:p

Of course, they laughed their a$$es off (well... a slight exageration, as we all know that the Germans don't laugh or smile;) ) and told me to take a hike and come back on my scheduled day, and I did!!:)