PDA

View Full Version : A Sirius mixup at the dealership!

Bflo Jack
10-01-2007, 05:08 AM
I bought my 2007 335xi on July off the lot. The only option it did not come with that I wanted was the $600 upgrade for Sirius Radio, but the salesman said it would be $600 at the shop after the fact anyway so it would be a wash. A week later I went to schedule an appointment to get the satellite radio installed and they said it would be $1100. :mad: I call the salesman back and he said there was a part that was originally in the $150 range that had changed to ~$550 which he was unaware of.

Anyway, now I sit with no satellite radio. Any options out there for a DIY install?

Thanks,
-Jack

P.S. - HD Radio would be nice too, but that might be a bridge too far.

jp325xi
10-21-2007, 04:40 PM
I ordered mine, for my 05 325xi, from mileoneparts.com. It was $396 and your supposed to get 1 year free (it's like $13 per month). Got the accessory kit for $48, its basically the bracket and still waiting for the terk antenna from amazon.com. The installation looks pretty easy, pop off the left trunk panels and plug and play.

Good luck.

jp325xi
10-22-2007, 05:27 PM
Just an update; I got the antenna today and I was ready to roll. I actually left work early, dentist :)

It took about 30 minutes to install. Pop off the 2 left trunk panel plugs, pop off the 2 tray plugs, pull back the panels. Find the cables, mine we tucked into the left side in back of the assembly. I mounted the Sirius, plugged it in and plugged in the antenna. Called Sirius and it was connected within a minute. I unscrewed the middle car seat tether and pushed the antenna connector underneath the back, screwed the tether back on, put everything back and enjoyed the tunes.

GrubbDawg
11-01-2007, 12:17 PM
bflo,
The install is real easy even if you are a little skiddish taking everything apart. I installed it in my neighbors 325 and it was a snap. It did take me about an hour and a half but we talked a lot while I was doing it. There are plenty of how tos on the internet to help you along.

Personally I would go back into the dealership and raise hell.

Technic
11-02-2007, 04:53 AM
Guys, his car is an E90 not an E46, Sirius installation is no longer a DIY as easy as before...

Technic
11-02-2007, 04:59 AM
I bought my 2007 335xi on July off the lot. The only option it did not come with that I wanted was the $600 upgrade for Sirius Radio, but the salesman said it would be $600 at the shop after the fact anyway so it would be a wash. A week later I went to schedule an appointment to get the satellite radio installed and they said it would be $1100. :mad: I call the salesman back and he said there was a part that was originally in the $150 range that had changed to ~$550 which he was unaware of.

Anyway, now I sit with no satellite radio. Any options out there for a DIY install?
Thanks,
-Jack

P.S. - HD Radio would be nice too, but that might be a bridge too far.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10536

Fragzem
11-02-2007, 05:31 AM
lmao i would've told the salesman to take the damn car back
threaten them with not paying for it and tell em you'll claim banckruptcy
see how fast they fix ur problem then!

Bflo Jack
11-04-2007, 09:12 AM
I still have to figure out if the SA 693 is installed or not. Is there an easy way to figure that out on the car, or do I need to head back to the dealership to get the specs? I tried to call Tech Support on BMW Assist today, but they are closed on Sundays :(.

I'm not scared in pulling the car apart. I did some work on my old BMW (). If I go down this road and figure out how to install, is there a software update I will have to do at the dealership (for another $150, I'm sure!)

Thanks,
-Jack