PDA

View Full Version : 2001 330xi sound quality

Smoki
10-02-2007, 08:52 PM
Hi all,

I'm new to all this but very proud to be a part of this group.

Anyways, I see that most of you are very knowledgeable and here is my chance to learn smtg new

I've had my car for about a year now, and i've realized that my sounds system isn't the best. I've compared it to my friend's 2000 323I Bmw HK system, and his sounds much much better. the big difference is that he's got the BMW business CD, as opposed to a BMW Cassette that's i've got (i also have the 6 cd changer in the trunk). When I took the car for the test drive, i thought it had an amazing system where you could hear the base very well, but at that time the CD changer wasn't hooked up. When i picked up the car, they hooked up the CD changer as the part of the deal, but i think the sound quality has dropped, if it makes any sense. In my car i also have the HK speakers.

Is there anything that i can change setting wise that i might not be aware of, because i played with adjusting the base and all that, but no real improvments.

Or would the simple answer be the difference between having the cd as a head unit opposed to having a tape as a head unit. Not to mention that my car is a year newer than his.

Thanks,
Smoki

AwesomeIsLuke
10-03-2007, 04:24 AM
Does your car have DSP (Premium Sound System)? If you do, mess with those settings until you get your desired result.

Smoki
10-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Isn't Harman & Kardon a premium sound system?

Either way, i've got 8 speakers in the car.
When i bought the car i bough it used, so i don't have any information on the vehicle build components. I guess i can call bmw and they can provide me with it.

racer101
10-03-2007, 07:22 PM
I just saw the latest pictures and specs of the new m3 coming out on egmcartech (http://www.egmcartech.com/). It looks like great and I can't wait to purchase it.