PDA

View Full Version : Bimmerfest Highlighted in New BMW 3-Series Commercial

pix335i
10-05-2007, 08:19 AM
Bimmerfest Highlighted in New BMW 3-Series Commercial

Bimmerfest footage shows up in the latest tv ad from BMW!

The latest television advertisement from BMW has a new and fun twist; it has some footage from Bimmerfest in Santa Barbara, CA! Reports started to come in immediately after the spot aired on television and the views of Bimmerfest were unmistakable near the conclusion of the commercial. A quick transcribing of the commercial is as follows....

We didn't set out to be a get away car

or an art car

We didn't intend to be a part of any sub culture

or pop culture

We didn't set out to play games

or to start a religion

We just made the car. The BMW 3-Series. Another expression of independence from a company built on it.

Some very cool stuff to see Bimmerfest being featured in a BMW commercial! :thumbup:

A few screen captures are attached to this post and you can see the actual video at the following link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWl8ERzgZWs

Ucla95
10-05-2007, 08:53 AM
Wow, that gave me goosebumps

BayAreaBMWFan
10-05-2007, 10:13 PM
Bimmerfest = religion :rofl::rofl:

wag-zhp
10-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Very Cool!

EdCT
10-06-2007, 06:38 PM
I wonder if BMW paid for the footage :dunno:

Ed

intex98
10-09-2007, 11:42 PM
Just saw it air during the Daily Show... Immediately recognized the Fest! :D

tobandals
10-10-2007, 11:07 AM
I love this commercial! I especially love the first clip, from The Hire series, The Follow. That's my car, the same year, model, color, options.... I didn't know I had a gettaway car! I guess I need to check out that bank down the street. :eek:

akovan
10-13-2007, 10:07 AM
hey guys

this is ak, the producer on this tv spot. i found the bimmerfest footage through this site and youtube. i wanted to thank everyone who helped out with providing footage for us to screen. this was a fun project and hope you like the spot

ak

equ
10-19-2007, 04:06 PM
Well done! It's one of the best bmw commercials ever. :thumbup:

Jon Shafer
10-19-2007, 11:17 PM
hey guys

this is ak, the producer on this tv spot. i found the bimmerfest footage through this site and youtube. i wanted to thank everyone who helped out with providing footage for us to screen. this was a fun project and hope you like the spot

ak

Thanks for doing that ak.

Hopefully you can make it to Santa Barbara next Spring to join us for Bimmerfest 2008!

:D

BayAreaBMWFan
10-26-2007, 01:21 PM
hey guys

ak

Aaron. Really nice one :thumbup:
Did you use the same voice over guy as the Lexus commercials?
Next time throw in the 'Ultimate Driving Machine' somewhere; that is where everything starts.

Jony-Ibanker
10-26-2007, 02:55 PM
I love this commercial! I especially love the first clip, from The Hire series, The Follow. That's my car, the same year, model, color, options.... I didn't know I had a gettaway car! I guess I need to check out that bank down the street. :eek:

COULD SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT MOVIE THAT SCENE WITH THE GIRL KISSING IS FROM?

philippek
10-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Pretty in Pink. Molly Ringwald and Andrew McCarthy. Greak flick :thumbup:

tim330i
11-04-2007, 01:27 PM
A few people were wondering what BMW Film the 'getaway car' section was from so here it is.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pfSZ7TkE7A4

googoomas
12-11-2007, 10:17 AM
Best Car Commercial Ever!!!!

pistolpuma
02-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Does anyone know the name of the voice over announcer?

Nevermind. Got it. He's Will Lyman...