PDA

View Full Version : Bay Bimmerz Caravan to Bimmerfest '08, from the SF/Bay Area

Keith
10-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Bay Bimmerz Caravan to Bimmerfest '08, from the SF/Bay Area

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone from the SF/Bay Area and beyond wants to join in on the Bay Bimmerz Caravan and I don't already have your info, please PM me the info needed below.
We will leave VERY EARLY Friday morning, May 2 and return Sunday May 4.
You will be sent an official Evite when I send it out in the coming weeks.

There will also be other caravan info on our Bay Bimmerz site, for the North Bay, Sacramento, Oregon, Washington & Canada caravan's, that will meet up with us ultimately in Gilroy, CA.

Info needed:

1. Your email address
2. Your REAL name (not forum name)
3. Model of BMW or Mini
4. Year
5. Color
6. City you're from

If you look at past Bimmerfest information, you will see related threads on prior Bay Bimmerz Caravan's to Santa Barbara.

I/we look foward to Bimmerfest '08.

Caravan Disclaimer - PLEASE READ!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are very honored to have all of you join us on this year's Bimmerfest
caravan. BayBimmerz.net wants to make sure we all read this prior to joining
the caravan to Bimmerfest. We know that we will have a fun and most of all
safe drive down and back. Please remember to keep your fellow enthusiasts in
mind and be safe at all times. BayBimmerz.net will not be held responsible
for any negligence, reckless behavior or lack of judgment for those
participating in our drives. We hope you all remain safe so we can continue
to enjoy this wonderful hobby.

Caravans to Bimmerfest are not sanctioned by the promoters of the event,
Bimmerfest, and BayBimmerz, any and all employees/agents/representatives
from the organizations, sponsors, vendors, or affiliates cannot be held
liable for accidents involving caravan participants. You are participating
at your own risk.

By registering here at BayBimmerz.net, and participating, you agree to hold
harmless any of the above parties, from any incidents, injuries, accidents,
intended or unintended. You also agree to drive within the legal limits
respecting all traffic laws and regulations at all times. Any failure to do
so is at your own risk.

Thank you,

The Bay Bimmerz Crew

P.S: please click on the link to my name below and join us there too. :thumbup:

Cliff
10-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Keith, Keith, Keith, no caravan posts before Thanksgiving, dude :rofl:

Keith
10-07-2007, 10:57 AM
Yeah yeah, I know, but when you're bored, you're bored.
Just staying home looking after the Wife for the last 2 months and have about another month or so to go, it's starts driving you nuts after awhile.

Sooooooo, with all this time I have, I'm beginning my task's. :p :D

The "rooms" are booked and the building is set, now I have the caravan "info" up and ready, the next thing will be, we'll let's just wait and see on the "next" thing. :eeps:

JAH7
10-07-2007, 06:50 PM
:rofl: Someone is excited :rofl: of coarse I'm looking forward to it too :thumbup:

BMWALDO
10-08-2007, 01:52 PM
I hope the PD doesn't hold a grudge for me from last year...

:eeps:

:angel:

Keith
10-08-2007, 05:45 PM
I hope the PD doesn't hold a grudge for me from last year...

:eeps:

:angel:

:confused: Whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis??!!

GBPackerfan1963
10-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Keith,

Count is in on the 'van. I hopefully will have more sactown area rides leaving from Elk Grove next year. It was pretty weak this year.

Keith
10-09-2007, 12:14 AM
Keith,

Count is in on the 'van. I hopefully will have more sactown area rides leaving from Elk Grove next year. It was pretty weak this year.

Oh, I know you will Curt! :D

OR, something else you two might want to consider, stay in P-Town the night before, it's something to think about. :thumbup:

GBPackerfan1963
10-09-2007, 09:50 AM
something else you two might want to consider, stay in P-Town the night before, it's something to think about. :thumbup:

We thought about that this year, but the missus didn't mind getting up at 3:30am. Yeah, right. :rofl:

Keith
10-09-2007, 07:49 PM
We thought about that this year, but the missus didn't mind getting up at 3:30am. Yeah, right. :rofl:

Just thought I'd mention it. :thumbup:
All the guys & girls from the Washington/Oregon caravan stay in Pleasanton the night before and we all go out to dinner that night (Thursday) in downtown Pleasanton.

GBPackerfan1963
10-09-2007, 11:30 PM
we all go out to dinner that night (Thursday) in downtown Pleasanton.

I'll mention it to her and see if she bites. I know the sleeping in for another hour is also enticing.

Keith
10-10-2007, 12:14 AM
I'll mention it to her and see if she bites. I know the sleeping in for another hour is also enticing.

:thumbup:

taimaishuu916
10-10-2007, 01:09 PM
The meet in elkgrove was pretty weak. There were only like 3-4 cars and it was pouring also!

Keith
10-10-2007, 03:20 PM
The meet in elkgrove was pretty weak. There were only like 3-4 cars and it was pouring also!

I guess you never know, but how was the caravan from Pleasanton and then from Gilroy???? :dunno:

taimaishuu916
10-10-2007, 03:45 PM
That was a great caravan. At least 50 cars with us. It was raining a little bit. Keith do u remember me? I was in Gilroy and i had a big bag of M&M'S and you asked me for some.

Keith
10-10-2007, 04:03 PM
That was a great caravan. At least 50 cars with us. It was raining a little bit. Keith do u remember me? I was in Gilroy and i had a big bag of M&M'S and you asked me for some.

Of course I remember you, you're the M&M Man! :D:thumbup:
How can I not when you have M&M's (especially peanuts) I'm a M&M freak, but what I can't remember is your real name, sorry. :dunno:

GBPackerfan1963
10-10-2007, 04:51 PM
mmmmmmmm.....M&Ms :yummy:

afisppq
10-11-2007, 10:20 AM
woohoo! I can't wait for this, I will know how to drive my car better this time around( I had just got my car a week before bfest this year....) and hopefully it will be more modded too hehe.....

Cliff
10-11-2007, 10:34 AM
Public Service Announcement:

If you can't afford $25 for a 2-way radio, put one on your Christmas list now. Get a real one that supports subchannels - there's too much cross-talk from other parties when we use subchannel 0 and we prefer to avoid that. We use the radio to announce really useful information like the presence of highway patrol officers. I can think of at least one speeding ticket from last year's caravan where the lack of a radio was a contributing factor (100+ mph speed being another significant contributing factor).

realCL23
10-11-2007, 01:23 PM
I can't wait for the next bimmerfest! Especially since I sold my 5 series for an m3 1 month ago!

taimaishuu916
10-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Of course I remember you, you're the M&M Man! :D:thumbup:
How can I not when you have M&M's (especially peanuts) I'm a M&M freak, but what I can't remember is your real name, sorry. :dunno:

M&M'S FTW! AHAH. My name is Bryan BTW.

Keith
10-11-2007, 07:24 PM
M&M'S FTW! AHAH. My name is Bryan BTW.

Thanks Bryan, I just put "M&M Man" by your name in my address book. :rofl: :D :thumbup:

bigwen1
10-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Whatssssssssss man you know I am in Wendell Sactown.

atomic80
11-26-2007, 01:59 PM
What you need to start doing, Keith is post a thread about the caravan the day after the Bimmerfest ends next May! Heck, why not start talking about the 2009 caravan right now? :D

Keith
11-26-2007, 06:44 PM
What you need to start doing, Keith is post a thread about the caravan the day after the Bimmerfest ends next May! Heck, why not start talking about the 2009 caravan right now? :D

Ahhhh, cute one "Mr. Caravan Speeding Instigator" from THE Caravan! :p :D

yuhou411
12-22-2007, 10:55 PM
hey i just like found about about bimmer fest like today..
!!!!! sad huh =[ i live in cupertino. umm anyone wanna share sum tohughts with a newbie about this? do we book our own hotels? do we stop at gas stations together ? and stuff liek that thanks

Keith
12-22-2007, 11:33 PM
!!!!! sad huh =[ i live in cupertino. umm anyone wanna share sum tohughts with a newbie about this? do we book our own hotels? do we stop at gas stations together ? and stuff liek that thanks

Alex, check out this link/thread:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183478 from this past Bimmerfest '07. (I also sent you a PM)

yuhou411
12-23-2007, 01:07 AM
hey thanks keith forthe fast help! look forward bimmerfest

yuhou411
12-23-2007, 11:32 AM
wut timne would be be getting back on sunday

dmisc
12-24-2007, 02:35 AM
Where in the SF/Bay is the meet up?

Keith
12-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Where in the SF/Bay is the meet up?

Well, it depends on where you're at in the Bay Area, but Gilroy is where all the smaller caravan's converge, then we head to SB from there.
There's always a caravan from the Sacramento & the North Bay area, and they meet up with us in the East Bay, Pleasanton specifically.

Check the first thread here and if I don't have your info, then just PM it to me and you'll get the official Evite when I get it out in a couple weeks. :thumbup:

Keith
12-26-2007, 10:56 AM
hey thanks keith forthe fast help! look forward bimmerfest

No prob! :)

Keith
12-26-2007, 10:57 AM
wut timne would be be getting back on sunday

We usually leave around 10 to 11AM for our trek back to the Bay.

l2oca
01-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Have the Evites been sent out?

Thanks

Cliff
01-22-2008, 12:04 PM

Thanks

Not yet. They usually go out once the event registration page is opened up in late February.

Keith
01-22-2008, 12:12 PM

Thanks

Nope, not yet, I'm still working on it.
I was hoping to get it out once the registration page was up (like Cliff mentioned) but I might not wait that long if it's not until the end of February.

Ablice
01-23-2008, 12:28 AM
Hey chaps,

Last year I drove my 325i E30 down.

This time I want to cut down on gas and wear on the old thing ***8212; 240k miles and it's "ill" with shot suspension and other work.

I wanna ride with someone else ***8212; those of you who are going down from SF Bay to SB on Saturday morning. I'll gladly ride shotgun with a cool Bimmer ***8212; ///M3, M Coupe, M5, 850CSi, etc.

And as far as communication goes, I have two (only 2) 2W MURS handheld radios. Here's a plan ***8212; we could have a spotter chap half-mile or so in front of the caravan with one of my radios (more wattage) and he can radio back intel (cops, accident, traffic jam coming up, etc) to me or someone else with a MURS unit then they can radio through cheap junk bubblepack FRS radios to the rest of the group.

Humm...Maybe a 850CSi on the way down, and a S50 swapped E30 on the way back...Hummmm...

Cliff
01-23-2008, 05:20 AM
I wanna ride with someone else - those of you who are going down from SF Bay to SB on Saturday morning.

This particular caravan departs from Gilroy around 8:30AM on Friday. There is usually a Friday evening caravan too. I am unaware of any large groups heading to Santa Barbara from the Bay Area the morning of the event.

(edit: and KrisL wins the asuma powah radio award this year, but I don't want to spoil his surprise)

Keith
01-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Well Cliff, I didn't even respond when I read this:

I'll gladly ride shotgun with a cool Bimmer - ///M3, M Coupe, M5, 850CSi, etc.

I knew then that I was out of the equation!
Yes most know that an 850CSI is my dream car, but it ain't never gonna happen. :(

Cliff
01-23-2008, 12:12 PM
I'll ride shotgun with ya Keith, so long as Carl's not in the car with his shoes off : puke:

;)

Keith
01-23-2008, 12:25 PM
I'll ride shotgun with ya Keith, so long as Carl's not in the car with his shoes off : puke:

;)

Oh, I know all about those shoes, they STAY ON inside the car! :rofl:

He's told me he's going and if not my Cousin will be ridin' with me.
And you, well, we know where you'll be. (lucky SOB) :rofl: :D :thumbup:

Ablice
01-23-2008, 11:18 PM
This particular caravan departs from Gilroy around 8:30AM on Friday. There is usually a Friday evening caravan too. I am unaware of any large groups heading to Santa Barbara from the Bay Area the morning of the event.

(edit: and KrisL wins the asuma powah radio award this year, but I don't want to spoil his surprise)

There was something that did that last time...I heard about it. "Oh yeah we came down from SF bay today", I heard that and was bummed...

I have nothing to do in SB other than to visit. Ain't no way I'm going down Friday. But for me it's only 120 or so miles. :dunno: for you SF chaps it's 300 or so...

Last time we was crusing at some good clip on the way back...let's just say the trip BACK to town was a lot shorter than the trip down :p

Well Cliff, I didn't even respond when I read this:

I knew then that I was out of the equation!
Yes most know that an 850CSI is my dream car, but it ain't never gonna happen. :(

Is it a 540i/6? I suppose that's good enough ***8212; ya know, real BMWs have 3 pedals. :)

Oh, and speaking of 850CSis, well, there was one last time...:thumbup: too bad the owner didn't bring his pink slip to sign over the car to me as a gift :bigpimp:

Still need someone to ride with...M Coupe? would be tight if I could drive for a little bit...

EDIT:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/Starofire/BimmerFest%202007/E31/IMG_6605.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/Starofire/Random/drooling_homer.jpg

Ablice
01-25-2008, 08:17 AM
Zzzzzz...I hate it whenever I make a "good" post everybody goes out, zips their mouths and hides in caves in fluffy blankets:confused::mad:

:( Now I know why that whole gallery of bimmerfest '07 pictures wasn't kept public for very long. Because nobody likes those photos.

*sigh* i have been always told i'm a loser...

Ablice
02-02-2008, 06:58 PM
oh noes....

I scared everybody off. =(

yuhou411
02-13-2008, 09:08 PM
anyone wants to share rooms let me know

Jayccel
02-19-2008, 07:48 PM

Not sad at all. I just found out about it TODAY :yikes: Thanks to my fellow 7ers from bimmerboard. Talk about out-of-touch. Guess I was just concentrating on the m5 Vegas trip, too much. Oh well, at least I did find out about it.

5 star stunna
02-21-2008, 02:52 AM
hey keith i rescently purchased a bmw and ive always heard about bimmerfest now that i own one i want to attend this year ive heard about this caravan its kinda like syncrinized driving? can u please provide some basic information on where yall will meet when well leave and stuff like that please also do we have to pay a fee to attend registration fee of sum sort? i would appreciate it if you would get back to me thank you!

5 series stuntin

Keith
02-21-2008, 03:31 PM
hey keith i rescently purchased a bmw and ive always heard about bimmerfest now that i own one i want to attend this year ive heard about this caravan its kinda like syncrinized driving? can u please provide some basic information on where yall will meet when well leave and stuff like that please also do we have to pay a fee to attend registration fee of sum sort? i would appreciate it if you would get back to me thank you!

5 series stuntin

Well, it llok like you're from Van Nuys and we are coming from the SF/Bay Area, so you might want to check out this link http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250841 for info. :thumbup:

As far as paying a paying fee to attend, yes, at the gate when you arrive, I have no idea what it will cost this year, but THAT doesn't matter, check this link for further info:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233140

Keith
02-23-2008, 03:34 PM
Ok guys & gals, the "Bay Bimmerz Caravan to Bimmerfest '08" Evite has been sent.
If you're from the SF/Bay Area/North of the Bay and you didn't get it, then I either don't have your info, or you changed your email addres.
Refer to the start of this thread for info I would need to send you the Evite. :thumbup:

tim330i
02-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Great job Keith!

Tim

Keith
02-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Great job Keith!

Tim

Whew, I'm "mentally" exhausted now, thanks for giving me a hand today.
4 hours last night and I've been working on this since 7:30 this morning (now 2:40) and now I'm finally done, time to get started on my "honey do list" now. :tsk:

Maulyn
02-25-2008, 10:45 AM
Ok... Gonna have to attend Bimmerfest this year.. gonna drive the 745LI down.. I'll try to make the caravan in Pleasanton if not i'll see you guys there that Saturday!

Stephanie

Keith
03-03-2008, 08:23 PM
WOO HOO, Bimmerfest '08 is only 2 months away!!!!!! http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2006/Smilies/yahoo.gif :banana::banana::roundel::roundel:

TeKNiC3
03-04-2008, 05:52 PM
WOO HOO, Bimmerfest '08 is only 2 months away!!!!!! http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2006/Smilies/yahoo.gif :banana::banana::roundel::roundel:

:bigpimp:

Cliff
03-04-2008, 05:54 PM

And this year, you won't have to worry about having a mental breakdown over the dinner :thumbup: (although we'll probably need to restrain you to get you to sit still for more than 30 seconds :tsk: )

Inv3ctiv3
03-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Do any of you guys caravaning down here have a HDV/HD video camera? Or do you know someone that does? Please let me know ASAP! Email me at JNBphotos@gmail.com

Blondsarehot650
03-06-2008, 05:24 PM
HOly CRap.. I cant Wait for Bimmerfest..!!!. Im ordering a Valentine One this Friday So i wont be completely scared being on the drive this time... Going the speed limit that is.. :eeps:

PLus ill have my Vorsteiner front bumper and Diffuser.... Ohhhh... I cant Wait!.. I love it! :D

Oh btw I need a good pair of Two Way Radios so i can hear everybody. Anybody got some good recommendations?

-Tom

328i4door
03-14-2008, 08:11 PM
oh its on like donkey kong, cant wait to see a bunch of bimmers on one highway goin to santa barbra!

Keith
03-20-2008, 12:20 PM
anyone interested in clear bra or windshield skin for the caravan?

Are you joining our caravan?

exp_arcee
03-20-2008, 01:10 PM
i will be :) just not sure what i'll be taking.

Keith
03-20-2008, 01:23 PM
i will be :) just not sure what i'll be taking.

Did I send you the official Evite for the caravan, lots of info in there? :dunno:

exp_arcee
03-20-2008, 01:26 PM
no....?

Keith
03-20-2008, 01:33 PM
no....?

:confused: Check out the beginning of this thread. :thumbup:

reidconti
04-26-2008, 06:28 PM
woo.

Keith
04-26-2008, 08:10 PM
WOO HOO, Bimmerfest '08 is only 1 week away!!!!!! http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2006/Smilies/yahoo.gif :banana::banana::roundel::roundel:

TeKNiC3
04-27-2008, 12:02 AM
See you guys in a few days!

Keith
04-27-2008, 11:42 AM
Forecast for Santa Barbara, CA

Fri May 02 Sunny 71/52 - Caravan there :drive: :roundel:

Sat May 03 Sunny 72/53 - Bimmerfest :roundel: :beerchug:

Sun May 04 Sunny 72/51 - Caravan home :drive: :roundel:

WOO HOO, great weather for the drives AND Bimmerfest! :clap::thumbup:

Bill-SD
04-27-2008, 11:56 AM
Forecast for Santa Barbara, CA

Fri May 02 Sunny 71/52 - Caravan there :drive: :roundel:

Sat May 03 Sunny 72/53 - Bimmerfest :roundel: :beerchug:

Sun May 04 Sunny 72/51 - Caravan home :drive: :roundel:

WOO HOO, great weather for the drives AND Bimmerfest! :clap::thumbup:

You're guarantying this right Keith? :)

What time are you guys heading home Sunday?

Keith
04-27-2008, 01:09 PM
You're guarantying this right Keith? :)

What time are you guys heading home Sunday?

Of course I am! :angel:

I'm sure it will be before noon, we usually talk about when we're down there. :thumbup:

e30 power
04-30-2008, 10:14 PM
yo', this mite be late, but what time you guys from the sacramento area leaving at? I live in natomas plan on heading out on friday aswell.

Keith
05-01-2008, 04:34 AM
yo', this mite be late, but what time you guys from the sacramento area leaving at? I live in natomas plan on heading out on friday aswell.

Hey, send me the info below and I'll send you the Evite AND the Sac Caravan info. :thumbup:

I need:

1. Your email address
2. Your REAL FULL name (not forum name)
3. Model of BMW or Mini
4. Year
5. Color
6. City you're from

See ya BRIGHT & EARLY Friday morning. :thumbup:

saadallah
05-02-2008, 07:58 AM
does anyone know what time the caravans will pss by ventura? i are 5 to 10 guys down here and we will want to meet or join the caravan on the freeway for the drive to the fest? so if its possible let me know. i will give u my number and if its possible please call me when u r close???

Cliff
05-02-2008, 08:02 AM
does anyone know what time the caravans will pss by ventura? i are 5 to 10 guys down here and we will want to meet or join the caravan on the freeway for the drive to the fest? so if its possible let me know. i will give u my number and if its possible please call me when u r close???

This caravan is coming from Northern California and won't be going through Ventura. You need to check the LA caravan threads.