PDA

View Full Version : Caravans: Leaders & Locations

1995_e36M3Blue
10-07-2007, 10:53 PM
Bimmerfest '08 is coming and its never too early to plan. If you are a leader feel free to post when and where you depart from and if your a follower use this thread to find your way because a drive to bimmerfest just isnt the same without a caravan.

GBPackerfan1963
10-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Bimmerfest '08 is coming and its never too early to plan. If you are a leader feel free to post when and where you depart from and if your a follower use this thread to find your way because a drive to bimmerfest just isnt the same without a caravan.

I'll coordinate the Sacramento area bimmers. We'll meet at the Chevron station at Elk Grove Boulevard and I5 at 4:30-4:45 am.

Keith
10-08-2007, 11:09 PM
I'll coordinate the Sacramento area bimmers. We'll meet at the Chevron station at Elk Grove Boulevard and I5 at 4:30-4:45 am.

Thanks Curt, that would be sweet. :thumbup:

Here's the actual address:

Chevron
9615 West Taron
Elk Grove, CA 95757

taimaishuu916
10-10-2007, 12:11 PM
I will be there again! I was the 1st one there this year. I was the on in the black e36

Euro Styln
10-10-2007, 01:49 PM
would like to know where the meet will be for glendale/burbank/valley. tnx alot. i noticed last year when we caravaned from balboa park and got there at 9 there were sooooooo many peeps from LA, so what time do they actually depart. tnx alot. OOOHHHHH i cant wait. banana::clap::sabrina::wave::bareass::roundel::fre akdanc:freakdanc:freakdanc

1995_e36M3Blue
10-14-2007, 08:21 PM
would like to know where the meet will be for glendale/burbank/valley. tnx alot. i noticed last year when we caravaned from balboa park and got there at 9 there were sooooooo many peeps from LA, so what time do they actually depart. tnx alot. OOOHHHHH i cant wait. banana::clap::sabrina::wave::bareass::roundel::fre akdanc:freakdanc:freakdanc

This brings up a good point, this years fest was full almost instantly. I myself am going to do everything in my power to secure 15 spaces along the grassy incline for my club members. speaking from experience, if your in a saturday morning caravan, even if you left lets say los angelas by 530 / 600 am, you still will have issues parking. Myself having a 3.5 / 4 hour drive from riverside :mad:, i would have to leave by 3am to even think i can get those 15 spots. in reality, the only way to get the pick of the litter for parking is to stay in a hotel or park your ass at the gate 2 days before and sleep in your car.

SL Blak Soldier
10-26-2007, 01:34 AM
i know this would be something super hard to get the socal caravan to do, but would there be any way in which we could make it less chaotic?

looking at pictures of the norcal caravan down, they are all in one lane, cruising. Unlike the socal caravan which is total insanity, people speeding left and right, no organization at all.

Cliff
10-26-2007, 01:39 AM
looking at pictures of the norcal caravan down, they are all in one lane, cruising.

:bustingup

I ran at the front of the Norcal caravan last year (I said I would help direct traffic at the lunch stop and to do that, I had to be among the first to arrive), and I'll never do that again. It was nuts up there. The pictures are deceiving.

kapao818
10-26-2007, 10:48 AM
i'm interested in knowing where the pasadena folks are going to meet up at for the caravan.

Keith
10-26-2007, 04:46 PM
i know this would be something super hard to get the socal caravan to do, but would there be any way in which we could make it less chaotic?

looking at pictures of the norcal caravan down, they are all in one lane, cruising. Unlike the socal caravan which is total insanity, people speeding left and right, no organization at all.

Well, I have to say that this past year was a joke, everyone turned into animals after the In & Out in Atescadero! :tsk:

BUT I'd have to say that in prvious years it was muuuuuch better and I'd be willing to bet THOSE were the pictures you saw.

I hope the "cruise/caravan" will be much tighter in '08, I know it will be for me and many others. :thumbup:

Whatever you do, try to have fun, that's what it's all about! ;)

BMWALDO
10-28-2007, 05:58 PM
:bustingup

I ran at the front of the Norcal caravan last year (I said I would help direct traffic at the lunch stop and to do that, I had to be among the first to arrive), and I'll never do that again. It was nuts up there. The pictures are deceiving.

Sorry about that... :angel:

beaversbimmer
11-07-2007, 07:53 PM
Well, I have to say that this past year was a joke, everyone turned into animals after the In & Out in Atescadero! :tsk:

BUT I'd have to say that in prvious years it was muuuuuch better and I'd be willing to bet THOSE were the pictures you saw.

I hope the "cruise/caravan" will be much tighter in '08, I know it will be for me and many others. :thumbup:

Whatever you do, try to have fun, that's what it's all about! ;)

Hey Keith- Who will be leading the NorCal crew and setting up the meet time and place for the Bay Area? I'll start a thread on BayBimmerz.net and see what kind of turnout we can get.

Keith
11-08-2007, 12:00 AM
Hey Keith- Who will be leading the NorCal crew and setting up the meet time and place for the Bay Area? I'll start a thread on BayBimmerz.net and see what kind of turnout we can get.

You're kidding, right? :eeps:
I think you know who will be doing that, yours truly! ;)
There's kind of a thread on BB now, but you can post whatever you like. :D:thumbup:

It will be pretty much be the same as prior years, that is times, meet up spots and such, so watch out for that in the coming months, everyone that wants to join just needs to make sure I have all of their info to send them their Evite. :thumbup:

Kipton88
11-09-2007, 05:35 AM
Does anyone know where the caravan is meeting up at in the east bay area?

Cliff
11-09-2007, 05:41 AM

Look familiar?
http://www.coates3.com/modules/gallery2/d/12449-2/IMG_0143.jpg (http://www.coates3.com/modules/gallery2/v/bmw/album22/bimmerfest/20070505_bimmerfest/IMG_0143.jpg.html)

By the way, this thread is for the SoCal caravans (edit: and they'd probably rather we didn't hijack it). The NorCal caravan thread is here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235126 (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235126).

Keith
11-09-2007, 10:32 AM

Yeah, check out the link from Cliff above and PM me the info and you will get the "official" Evite for the caravan and all the info you will need will be there. :thumbup:

Keith
11-09-2007, 10:37 AM
By the way, this thread is for the SoCal caravans (edit: and they'd probably rather we didn't hijack it).

:eeps: Hmm, I was under the impression that this for leaders and locations from all over, but maybe I was wrong, it's been known to happen!

BUT maybe not, as I've said many times, "I thought I was wrong , BUT I was misataken!" :D:rofl:

Jboss12
12-18-2007, 09:02 AM
Does anyone know about a caravan from seattle, or anywhere in Washington? This is my first year and i really would like to join up with a group.

yuhou411
12-22-2007, 09:42 PM
i live in san jose..does anyone know where were meeting and when?

RaDs330
12-27-2007, 02:17 PM
Anyone Leaving From Oc, Or Planned A Caravan Yet????????? Let Me Know

taimaishuu916
12-29-2007, 02:59 AM
i live in san jose..does anyone know where were meeting and when?

They usually meet up at the in n out in gilroy

AMG This
01-05-2008, 01:29 AM
I live in Chowchilla, Ca and this is the second year that ill be attending bimmerfest. This year me and a few of my friends from Fresno, Ca want to caravan. I wanted to know if anybody from central cali are meeting up and caravaning to Santa Barbara, Ca. and if so where are you guys meeting up at???

Keith
01-05-2008, 04:02 PM
I live in Chowchilla, Ca and this is the second year that ill be attending bimmerfest. This year me and a few of my friends from Fresno, Ca want to caravan. I wanted to know if anybody from central cali are meeting up and caravaning to Santa Barbara, Ca. and if so where are you guys meeting up at???

Well, you can meet the BIG caravan in Gilroy where all the caravan's converge for our trip to SB, just take Hwy 152 and come over the hill to Gilroy to the In & Out Burger, just be there by 8AM.

Or, you can cruise down Hwy 5 to Hwy 46 that takes you to Hwy 101 and meet up with us in Atascadero to THAT In & Out, be there around 11AM.

If you'd like the to address' for both In & Our Burgers, just let me know by PM and I'll get them to you, that is if these interest you. :thumbup:

AMG This
01-05-2008, 11:32 PM
That sounds good.. Ill speak with my friends and ill let you know... Thanks

Keith
01-06-2008, 07:48 AM
That sounds good.. Ill speak with my friends and ill let you know... Thanks

:thumbup:

Keith
01-06-2008, 07:55 AM
This is one of my favorite shots from either 2 years ago or 3 and YES, that's all Bimmers with a couple non Bimmers mixed in AND there are still more cars behind this:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i233/keller235/Misc%20pictures/100_1724-1.jpg

Bill-SD
01-06-2008, 11:32 AM
This is one of my favorite shots from either 2 years ago or 3 and YES, that's all Bimmers with a couple non Bimmers mixed in AND there are still more cars behind this:

Not getting excited about Bimmerfest are ya Keith? :D

Hey, is that from the caravan down? Cool pic BTW :thumbup:

DukeDynamics
01-06-2008, 12:32 PM
BimmerFest 07 was awesome, I can't wait to attend this year events.

Keith
01-06-2008, 01:18 PM
Not getting excited about Bimmerfest are ya Keith? :D

You know it Bill. :D

Hey, is that from the caravan down? Cool pic BTW :thumbup:

Yep, me too, I love this picture! :thumbup:

JAH7
01-06-2008, 02:30 PM

Here's the other side of that pic Keith :thumbup:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a246/JAH7/Bimmerfest%202006/100_1729.jpg

Keith
01-06-2008, 08:20 PM
THAT'S what I'm talking about, thanks Chris! :thumbup::thumbup:

BMWALDO
01-13-2008, 10:00 AM
I <3 those pics.

Last year was kind of like that. Except broken up into about 15 cars per pod.

LBMotoring
01-14-2008, 11:25 AM
When will we know where caravan locations start?

chefcsr
01-26-2008, 09:06 PM
west san fernando valley bimmers! mcdonalds @ cor of mulholland dr. and ave san luis in woodland hills just off the 101. depart at 7AM on May 3rd!

LeftCoastBias
01-27-2008, 08:32 AM
we'll have the socal caravan info up sometime in march again.

http://www.tehdriven.com/index.php?page=bfest07

bb987
01-27-2008, 03:21 PM
This is my first bimmerfest and i am here in San Mateo..please let me know once the caravan info is out and would also love to help out if needed...

jerkeybereky08
01-28-2008, 09:12 PM
anyone heading up the portland caravan?
possibly meet up with the guys coming down from washington

Keith
01-29-2008, 11:41 AM
This is my first bimmerfest and i am here in San Mateo..please let me know once the caravan info is out and would also love to help out if needed...

Hi there ????.

Check out this link: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235126 and once I get your info, you (along with about 300 others) will get the official Evite. :thumbup:

Oh and click on the link next to my name below to join us on our local site too. :thumbup:

Jayccel
02-19-2008, 07:04 PM
Does anyone know about a caravan from seattle, or anywhere in Washington? This is my first year and i really would like to join up with a group.

Same here (first year), so I'd be curious to find out any info about this caravan, also.

HARLEYM3
02-19-2008, 08:56 PM
we'll have the socal caravan info up sometime in march again.

http://www.tehdriven.com/index.php?page=bfest07

If needed, i can start up gathering the OC caravan, i did it last year and i wont mind doing it this year as well.....

LeftCoastBias
02-20-2008, 12:18 PM
If needed, i can start up gathering the OC caravan, i did it last year and i wont mind doing it this year as well.....
that'd be great.

if you have the contact info for the other leaders, still - could you pass it my way?

you guys all did a great job last year, so i'd love the help again.

HARLEYM3
02-20-2008, 10:51 PM
yea, i'll give you the LA leader's info soon....

RaDs330
02-22-2008, 09:38 AM
Im down to join you guys like last year:thumbup:, I havent done anything to my ride yet:mad:, but hope fully before then i can throw some stuff onto my ride.... do you guys know of any places or sites that i can get BBS rims for a good price:dunno:

HARLEYM3
02-22-2008, 11:43 AM
Im down to join you guys like last year:thumbup:, I havent done anything to my ride yet:mad:, but hope fully before then i can throw some stuff onto my ride.... do you guys know of any places or sites that i can get BBS rims for a good price:dunno:

which ones are you looking for and whats your price range?

RaDs330
02-23-2008, 10:27 AM
im looking for BBS rims, the LM style:bigpimp:... or similar ones to the BBS rims, I would like to get them under a 1000, so used would be fine with me as well.... spread the word and let me know whats good:thumbup:

Ed103
02-23-2008, 08:19 PM
This will be my first Bimmerfest (though I've known about it since right after the one in '04) and I'm really excited. The fest itself, plus the opportunity to be around so many other enthusiasts is great.

And the caravan sounds and LOOKS like something amazing. All those Bimmers in one place that's not a dealership? Bad...Ass...

I'm in the L.A. area along with a second car (E46) and a bunch of friends. Hopefully we can get something together to rival prior years.

xli_red_baron02
03-07-2008, 11:00 AM
I live in North OC south east LA county area. Is anyone planning anything from out here. I would be more than happy to plan a meeting time and a place if no one else has anything going. Just let me know.

La Habra La Mirada Brea Hacienda Heights Whittier La Puente or further surrounding areas

Silentelysium
03-07-2008, 11:06 AM

Will you be sharing your info with tehdriven.com, and have the sign up page on that website again?

I'msoexcited. :D

Ed103
03-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Yet another repost, in case some people only watch one of the caravan threads:

How does the caravan and large meet points get together? It sounds like one of two things:

Entire caravan pulls off the freeway and meets up with next group, then enlarged caravan gets back onto freeway. < This way sounds like it would be much more time consuming and probably somewhat hectic for everyone.

Or

The caravan has front and back end drivers in contact with other leaders. At a predetermined point they'll contact the waiting group, in this instance, the L.A. group, will load up and get on the freeway. Hopefully and in theory, this will mean the caravan continues, but has even more Bimmers join in, becoming somewhat of a living entity. < This concept sounds like it would be mighty cool and look very impressive, if done properly. Though this would be very crazy for the leaders and/or end drivers. (though I think definitely possible)

Is that right?

Also some things I noticed, and want to make clear. The San Diego caravan meets up with OC, and comes up the 405, at which point, I'm thinking it will merge onto the 101, pick up the LA drivers then continue on the 101 to Santa Barbara or other stops. Correct?

If that's right, I definitely want to check out that portion of the 101 North of the 405 and look for a good meet point for the caravan that has both a large lot where police, businesses and homeowners will not be troubled/troublesome and also has a close, quick, easy onramp to the 101.

Once the meet site is settled on, I think we can then figure out timing. Especially if we want the LA group to merge with the caravan en route.

Let me know what I'm missing or forgot.

04SSHD
03-13-2008, 11:41 PM
I am leaving from the SF Valley/Simi Area if anyone else is down to meet up.

HARLEYM3
03-14-2008, 06:38 PM
ED, here is how it went last year:

san diego left diego at around like 430 i think...they were supposed to call at the right point in the freeway, but becuase they werent familiar with the location, the leader called me just a tad bit too late...

so this year we are going to have diego meet me in the parking lot and have them not get out of their cars, then when they enter the parking lot, i'll have my guys get into the cars and take off, i want to have two lanes, once we get on the freeway, it would be pretty cool if each county has their own lines so that we can have one for oc and one for diego, last year it was bad keeping the bimmers together so we have to be able to stay in a formation, its gonna be up to you if you want my guys and the diego guys pull off the freeway or if you want to meet us on the freeway, this looks the best, but is also difficult to control over 100 bimmers at once.

Ed103
03-14-2008, 10:01 PM
I'm reading all the caravan threads, and listening to everyone's ideas, so don't worry. Yet...

Hahaha...

I'm going out tomorrow morning to troll around for the best site possible. I'm also going to start figuring out the timing of the freeway onramps and mergings in the area.

Not to worry people, things will start becoming concrete soon.

One question though: How many cars should we expect? I know we don't know yet, but how many cars were there last year?

I'm asking for a rough estimate of the SD/OC caravan, and also how many showed up in the LA group. Let me know. And please be realistic with the numbers.

Silentelysium
03-15-2008, 11:44 AM
You're going to expect a LOT of cars.

Ed103
03-15-2008, 02:34 PM
You're going to expect a LOT of cars.

What's a lot? More or less than 200?

HARLEYM3
03-15-2008, 05:20 PM
between 75-100 per meet point at least

Silentelysium
03-17-2008, 10:38 AM

Or about 10,000+ horsepower per meet. :thumbup:

Any word on tehdriven.com or anything about the caravan?

Ed103
03-17-2008, 11:44 AM
I found a meet site for the L.A. group. I'm gonna be getting maps and images together to post this week sometime along with the details.

HARLEYM3
03-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Or about 10,000+ horsepower per meet. :thumbup:

Any word on tehdriven.com or anything about the caravan?

soon enough bro.....ed is getting together a few details on the LA caravan, and i'll be putting everything together for Orange County, but when we do it will go directly to tehdriven as well.... i'm not sure who's going to head up san diego, and if there is going to be another leader from the inland empire. i am thinking that everything is going to be unfolded within 2 weeks at the most

RaDs330
03-18-2008, 11:30 AM
soon enough bro.....ed is getting together a few details on the LA caravan, and i'll be putting everything together for Orange County, but when we do it will go directly to tehdriven as well.... i'm not sure who's going to head up san diego, and if there is going to be another leader from the inland empire. i am thinking that everything is going to be unfolded within 2 weeks at the most

:bigpimp:let me know what goes down as well, I was one of the leaders from OC last year and dont mind doing it again :thumbup:... Thanks HarleyM3

HARLEYM3
03-19-2008, 06:25 PM
:bigpimp:let me know what goes down as well, I was one of the leaders from OC last year and dont mind doing it again :thumbup:... Thanks HarleyM3

i do need someone making sure all the bimmers get on the freeway accordingly...:thumbup:

HARLEYM3
03-19-2008, 06:28 PM
i'll be posting the location for the orange county meet tomorrow and all the maps and stuff....all the good stuff will be posted

ZDon
03-19-2008, 09:33 PM
i'll be posting the location for the orange county meet tomorrow and all the maps and stuff....all the good stuff will be posted

Excellent! I'm already packed...

Ed103
03-21-2008, 06:37 PM
The information for the Los Angeles (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3109475&posted=1#post3109475) caravan is up.

Silentelysium
04-06-2008, 10:05 PM
Glad to hear about the LOS ANGELES caravan. I'll be in newport the night before. Isnt t3hdriven setting something up, and arnt we meeting at the irvine spectrum center again???

Silentelysium
04-06-2008, 10:05 PM
Updates please!

RaDs330
04-07-2008, 10:43 AM
:bigpimp:Updates please!

ok, for the OC group, the meet point is going to be the IKEA in COsta Mesa, i'll keep you posted on the times as soon as I get them, if you need to call me, reach me at 714-661-3046

plastique999
04-07-2008, 10:14 PM
im interested...live in Diamond Bar

RaDs330
04-08-2008, 12:45 PM
im interested...live in Diamond Bar

THERES A NEW POST REGARDING OC CARAVAN, CHECK IT OUT AND SPREAD THE WORD TO ANY FRIENDS THAT ARE GOING WITH.....

plastique999
04-08-2008, 10:34 PM
who is leaving Fri. afternoon from O.C.??

Here is a short list from M5board:

Friday afternoon caravan and hotel check in - May 2, 2008

1.) thaichi808
2.) danny0h
3.) keang24
4.) mrtm2004 (Dinan S3-R M3 Coupe)
5.) mrtm2004 (X5 Driven by Rich, DubzDirect)
6.) plastique999
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)

Please feel free to ADD or MERGE another list...thanks!

LordVodka
04-10-2008, 04:26 PM
I'll be staying in SLO over the bimmerfest weekend, and was wondering if there was any SLO caravan thing going on or approximately the time a northern caravan was going past San Luis Obispo so we could join in, I'll surely be hung over that morning but we will have a driver ready!

smilez
04-15-2008, 02:21 PM

lets hope so here in the IE

Ed103
04-15-2008, 06:22 PM
lets hope so here in the IE

Ditto for LA.

LeftCoastBias
04-15-2008, 06:24 PM
I'll be staying in SLO over the bimmerfest weekend, and was wondering if there was any SLO caravan thing going on or approximately the time a northern caravan was going past San Luis Obispo so we could join in, I'll surely be hung over that morning but we will have a driver ready!
contact someone in baybimmerz... and find a "friend" to help coordinate you meeting up with their caravan.

MarcusSanDiego
04-15-2008, 08:02 PM
Once again I will be missing bimmerfest. Shafer: move this event to some day after May 15! I keep missing this event by a week.

Enjoy, peeps.

LeftCoastBias
04-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Once again I will be missing bimmerfest. Shafer: move this event to some day after May 15! I keep missing this event by a week.

Enjoy, peeps.
you'll graduate soon, kiddo ;)

Aija
04-22-2008, 03:49 AM
so the people from the Bay area are essentially going to Gilroy for the caravan? And is that going straight to SB?

Keith
04-22-2008, 12:38 PM
so the people from the Bay area are essentially going to Gilroy for the caravan? And is that going straight to SB?

Check this out:http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235126 :thumbup: