PDA

View Full Version : depo or zkw?

328ioc
10-08-2007, 04:20 PM
ive decided to just pop for euro lights instead of an HID kit for my u.s. spec lights. im assuming this is a good idea right? but my next question is should i go with DEPO or ZKW? i like the look of the ZKW's a little better but i found a pair of depo's on ebay that already had angel eyes built in. which would you choose? thanks in advance.

328ioc
10-08-2007, 04:23 PM
p.s. should i buy the cheaper ZKW light then add a ccfl agnel eye kit or the semi more expensive depos with the yellowish built in agel eyes? thanks again.

328ioc
10-08-2007, 06:32 PM
anybody home?

PJBIMMER
10-08-2007, 06:45 PM
I bought the ZKW lights W/ angel eyes from Ebay, and I'm very happy with them. They are very bright and the cost was: $260 shipped.!! :thumbup:

E36 Phantom
10-09-2007, 01:05 AM
It depends. DEPO has 2 projector Euro lights, the "Projector 36" and the Gen IV DOT Euro Ellipsoid. The 1st one looks exceedingly tacky, but the 2nd one looks very similar to the ZKW's, and is what I have. To be honest, I've heard good things about ZKW's, and I'm not terribly thrilled about the Depo's I have. The brights and low beams adjust as one unit (you can't adjust brights and low's separately) and mine are very messed up in that area, my brights are nearly useless. Also, I've had some quality issues with them, as far as water leakage, my lenses were backwards, etc etc. So, from my experience, I'd go ZKW if I had it to do over again.

328ioc
10-09-2007, 10:07 AM
I bought the ZKW lights W/ angel eyes from Ebay, and I'm very happy with them. They are very bright and the cost was: $260 shipped.!! :thumbup:

do u remember who you bought them from cus it sounds like i found the same ones? thanks. and did you get an HID kit or just stick with upgraded halogens.

328ioc
10-09-2007, 10:08 AM
It depends. DEPO has 2 projector Euro lights, the "Projector 36" and the Gen IV DOT Euro Ellipsoid. The 1st one looks exceedingly tacky, but the 2nd one looks very similar to the ZKW's, and is what I have. To be honest, I've heard good things about ZKW's, and I'm not terribly thrilled about the Depo's I have. The brights and low beams adjust as one unit (you can't adjust brights and low's separately) and mine are very messed up in that area, my brights are nearly useless. Also, I've had some quality issues with them, as far as water leakage, my lenses were backwards, etc etc. So, from my experience, I'd go ZKW if I had it to do over again.

i agree the projector 36 it tacky.

328ioc
10-09-2007, 02:42 PM
anyone there

E36 Phantom
10-09-2007, 03:37 PM
anyone there

Dude, stop bumping the thread. Once every 24 hours MAX.

328ioc
10-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Dude, stop bumping the thread. Once every 24 hours MAX.

sry im sick so i cant do anything which means im bored aout of my mind. it will never happen again.

E36 Phantom
10-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Haha, no big. I'm pretty sick right now too, seems to be something going around. Just thought I'd mention that you didn't need to bump so often ;)
Hope ya feel better mate, not fun huh.

Nick325xiT 5spd
10-09-2007, 04:01 PM
IMHO, the stock headlamps with good bulbs put more light in useful places on the road. The problem with the depos is that they like to put all the light right in front of the car. What the **** does that do for me?

My Depos will eventually get replaced by ZKWs.

Brashland
10-10-2007, 09:51 AM
I bought depos installed with HID and angel eyes from understeer.com. I did get some condensation in one light the first time I washed the car but I think that's from the doors behind the lights not being fully sealed.

Being able to adjust regular lights and highs independent would be nice, but considering ZWK are literally about 2X more expensive, I can live with my depos.