PDA

View Full Version : Battery Drain, Take key out and Clock is Still on

kokbelin
10-10-2007, 02:48 AM
My car will not start. I drove it for two days, parked it and it will not start. The battery seems to be drain. just bought the a new battery three weeks ago, because it had drained. but i noticed then I shut off the car and take the key out the clock is still on. I believe that has drained the battery. but how do I fix that problem?

rasb1
10-11-2007, 05:55 AM
I know it sounds silly, but have you remembered to turn of your lights? The digital clock should only be on if the lighst are on...

Other than that little info I am afraid I have no other clue to what might be wrong.

JSpira
10-13-2007, 08:56 PM
My car will not start. I drove it for two days, parked it and it will not start. The battery seems to be drain. just bought the a new battery three weeks ago, because it had drained. but i noticed then I shut off the car and take the key out the clock is still on. I believe that has drained the battery. but how do I fix that problem?
How long does the clock stay on for? Has anyone done any wiring, rewiring, or other electrical work to the car recently? Did you notice anything else amiss when the problem with the discharging battery first started?

BMW_tech
10-13-2007, 09:25 PM
check your HAZARD/4 way FLASHER switch. it has caused me a lot of problems when I had one years ago. its been a known problem area,start there.

heyjay
02-21-2008, 08:06 PM
re:

heyjay
02-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Have you had any luck with the clock drain? I'm having a similar problem ('80 e21) with the battery light staying on and the clock not turning off... I just took the car out of storage and my mechanic is giving it a once over before I put it back on the road, I told him what was going on and he's going to take a look at it (He owned an e21 for a few years..) Anyways, I'll let you know what he says... Our symptoms are the same so perhaps the cause is related... I'll keep ya tuned.

heyjay
03-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Hey, sorry for the later reply on this one... My problem with the clock staying on when the key was out was due to a faulty ignition switch... Not saying this is your specific problem, but something to look into (Maybe someone a little more savvy can elaborate on this... maybe how to test if this could be your problem?) Anyways, the switch is replaced and my clock turns on/ off when it should (And it's even keeping time!) Anyways, hope this helps... - J

:dunno: