PDA

View Full Version : Need Expert Help on Voice Command Mystery

Hogie
10-13-2007, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogie
Just an update guys. As I stated earlier I did receive my X5 back with a new TCU. The SW version is SW32 HW35 made in June 06. This is for a 05 X5.
The voice command dialing and phone book from the steering wheel does not function anymore with the new TCU. Bluetooth and BMW assist works fine. (Blue tooth works as long as I use the buttons on the radio to navigate.

UPDATE:

2005 X5 with Premium Package, 3.0, BMW assist. Build date 2/2005.

I have had 3 TCU's replaced for failed BMW assist. I have had voice command from the steering capability since day 1 ( new purchase) On the 3rd TCU ( which the dealer pulled off a new 2006 X5) I lost voice command. Dealer has actually told me that the car never had it and it requires a separate module.

Bottom line I need a Guru to figure this one out. Any Top Talent Techs out there that can solve the mystery. Once again worked like a charm until the last TCU was put in. I can provide the P/N off the labels, SW HW revisions from the original to the latest. They did open a PUMA case.

I will say this is very frustrating to have used it for almost 2 years and then be told I never had it and the car never supported it.

Thanks

Hogie
10-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Please.