PDA

View Full Version : 2004 X5 Floor Mat Question

AhhSmith
10-14-2007, 07:05 AM
Hello, I just purchased a 2004 4.4, that came with the original velcro floor mats...however, it looks like they had some sort of other floor mats in it at some point, because there are hooks at the base of the carpet as opposed to velcro. How do I get rid of these things, or can I buy the all weather mats? Thanks. Love the vehicle by the way. The only thing wrong is some paint chipping on the interior door handle and steering wheel and some cracks in the interior wood trim. I'm assuming BMW will replace this under warranty.

AhhSmith
10-14-2007, 08:37 AM
got this car for $30,500 with 40,000 miles. for informational purposes. black book wholesale.

sit'inmybimmer
10-14-2007, 10:14 AM
The only thing wrong is some paint chipping on the interior door handle and steering wheel and some cracks in the interior wood trim. I'm assuming BMW will replace this under warranty.

I just bought an '04 3.0 X5 and the interior handles had the same problem. BMW should replace this as it is covered under warranty. They ordered the parts in for me and will be replacing them as soon as they come in.

The door trim is a little tricky though. They have a test they run to see if the cracks are more than what is allowable. If it's not, they won't touch them, if it is, then they will. I have what look like scratches as the wood is not actually cracked, and next time I bring my vehicle in for the door handles, they're going to let me know if the trim warrants replacement. Good Luck!

Isn't it so nice to be rollin' around in the X5?!!

phastphil
10-15-2007, 06:22 PM
The hooks work with the rubber mats, there are holes in the mat that mates up to the hooks. The hooks are screwed into the carpet. I had the carpet mats, bought a set of the BMW rubber mats (rather than the after market guys) and they fit perfectly. Funny thing: I thought I would switch back and forth during the season change, but I never took the rubber ones out (except to clean) and the new carpet version I got with the car are still in the plastic bags.

AhhSmith
10-16-2007, 05:14 PM
thanks for the help guys.