PDA

View Full Version : Ordered an '08, now how long and what does "invoice" include?

ShelleyH
10-15-2007, 01:33 PM
I'm curious about the time from order to delivery. As I said in a reply to another posting, I ordered my 2008 X5 3.0 on Saturday 9/29 and they submitted the order that day. They told me it would take about 3 weeks, but I figured they were exaggerating - surprise, surprise. On the Owner's Circle, my vehicle shows as "scheduled for production", so I figure at least another two weeks. Does anyone have turn around time experiences to share?

I'm also curious about what "invoice price" constitutes on a BMW. I negotiated pretty hard (I thought) to get $1,500 over invoice. (Of course, the deal was written to adjust based upon 08 pricing since that was not known at the time the order was made. So, I will actually be paying about $1,100 less than I anticipated at the time of the deal since I had both the Premium package and the rear climate package. Also ordered contour seats, tech package, Heads up display, running boards, front and rear heated seats etc. etc. Pretty much loaded.) When I tried to calculate the price at $1,500 over invoice using the Kelly Blue Book invoices, it looked like the pricing was really $2,200 over. I called the dealership and got a bunch of BS about other charges that make it to the invoice including some training costs (?), advertising etc. I just got tired of fighting and wrote the deal. I might be able to request the real invoice and add the $1,500 when the car comes in but was wondering if anyone here had info.

denaliman
10-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Depending on your province/state BMW has some hefty PDI charges that are not included on the invoice. Then there is floor mats etc. not included.

ShelleyH
10-15-2007, 01:43 PM
and I am in the States, in Maryland to be specific.

bergs55
10-15-2007, 02:17 PM
...but the dealers have had invoice pricing for a few weeks now. I ordered an X5 last Wednesday and the dealer had the 2008 invoice pricing that was less than 2007 prices or in some options the same. It's scheduled for delivery at the end of November. If you're getting it in 3 weeks, you won't be able to get the auto-tailgate option since it's available starting in November production. I got mine for 2% over invoice, which seems to be a pretty good deal from what I've seen. And don't pay believe everything you see on Owners Circle...it can say in production and be sitting in your driveway!

TexasBMW
10-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Great. I am going to shoot for that 2% over invoice, then. Excellent deal!
Thanks.

Yesterday, I was told about a month wait on an ordered '08 4.8.

760Lifan
10-23-2007, 04:06 PM
Owner's circle is always a bit behind. There is a phone-number (somewhere posted on this board) that delivers more up-to-date information..:thumbup:

Starab
10-23-2007, 06:03 PM
...dealers have had invoice pricing for a few weeks now. I got mine for 2% over invoice, a pretty good deal.

Yes , Which dealer ? if you do not mind., please.

Zackery Zhang
10-23-2007, 08:13 PM
I placed my order for my 2008 x5 4.8i on 10//01 and got my car on 10/15.