PDA

View Full Version : Air Slice valve

The Dizzel
10-15-2007, 09:47 PM
So in conjunction with my earlier post about MSD ignition, I beleive i've narrowed it down to the air slide valve (aux air valve) i tested voltage and have 12VDC to it. When hot it is fully closed (normal) but just now i check when engine was cold..air valve seemed to still be closed, there was a small irragulre opening about the size of 1/8 square...??? I was able to fully open with a small screwdriver....but it snapped back into place...very odd..has any one a picture of the air valve when fully open?

thanks

iyad_yd
10-16-2007, 11:32 AM
hi
i think it open when the car is hot and it close when the engin is cold i ll send u pic for that tomrow

The Dizzel
10-16-2007, 02:57 PM
thanks!!

The Dizzel
10-16-2007, 06:01 PM
so after removing and inspecting, and removing that little nut on the Aux air valve (STuPid idea) a buddy told me thats how you adjust that...anyway, i "adjusted" it so that when cold there is just a square showing..(that might make sense to some of y'all) she ran okay..but not happy...went driving and put her thru trials...discovered she was starving for fuel when dropping into lower gear, and on the road timing was not "feeling" right. so now i think i got it.... retarded timing by 4degrees, verified to +/_ 1deg which is within spec, adjusted idle to 900rpm..solid...so i will know in the am if it is okay...if not..taking her to the shop:drink::drink::drink: