PDA

View Full Version : delema between x5 and 330xi

Garik
10-16-2007, 03:26 PM
kinda stuck between my choices here, need some suggestions....

2004 x5 3.0 43k miles $31k (he might go some down, but this is dealer0
or
2002 330xi 60k miles, loaded with every option for $19k

my needs: pretty much looking for 4 doors, and awd; and of course must be beemer...

but my choices are a bit limited...

(btw, for some reason the prices might be a bit higher in Seattle, rather then anywhere else... but i dont want to traverl far because at the end it might come out to same)

thanks for all your inputs.

ps... by the way AWD system is it same on both of those cars? (or 2002 awd system the one that had issues on x5 is same on 3 series? so, will it be true that if i need AWD beemer, i better off looking for 2004 or newer?)

TexasBMW
10-23-2007, 05:29 PM
If you have the time, I'd rec. looking around some more. The more time you spend, the better deal you may get. Good luck!

UncleJ
10-24-2007, 08:01 AM
Garik, I agree with Tex you need to look around some more. There are a ton of BMW's out there, you just need to find yours. You are there with Microsoft, and not all that far from Portland, the California high teckers that moved up to the NW with their BMW's almost certainly are leasing new ones and the 2-3 year old off lease cars are just sitting there waiting for you! Keep looking and good luck!

Garik
10-24-2007, 02:58 PM
heh,.... thanks for the uplift!!!

need it here... especially with this crazy weather :yikes:

looking... not giving up... tons that are for sale but always get stock on this:

high milage and clean title
low miles but salvage
high price (almost cheaper to buy new) at bmw dealer.

looks like waiting is the key.

snow is filling up the mountains... board is ready to hit the slopes, but on a miata?

TexasBMW
10-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Ah, the snow is coming! Now I understand your sense of urgency!!!

Keep looking and you will find the ONE!

rvas69
10-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Ha, I was at exact your situation several months ago as I need 4WD getting to Tahoe during winter weekends. Was looking at X5, 328xi, some other cars. X5 was the final choice as I drive with friends, skis...fully packed.

Good luck looking!

Garik
10-24-2007, 11:31 PM
my lovely wife doesnt like how x5 drives because of its size; so she really wants the small sedan, but will see where we end up. the search has been tough... but time is the option now :) or may be just go with friends on their x5s :P(thats a good option)

rvas69
10-24-2007, 11:50 PM
My Mrs was totally opposite, insisted on getting X5. Now guess what? She requests 335 convertible for herself :rofl: