PDA

View Full Version : Best Optional extras

Electric Blue
10-17-2007, 06:03 PM
Hello, Aussie lurker here,

I am about to order a new X5 3.0sd exec sports..

What options are the best according to those who have a current X5?

Whats a reasonable discount off RRP to negotiate in Australia?

I am looking at spending around $135,000.

Cheers,

EB

strat15
10-18-2007, 07:48 AM
The equipment options are slightly different for 2008, and may be different down under. These are just my opinions, but on our 2007 4.8 X5 we have:

4.8: 3.0 seemed underpowered so I viewed the V8 as essential.
Premium: Essential for bluetooth, moonroof, lumbar, garage door opener.
Tech: Nav is nearly essential. Back up camera not needed, but nice for my wife.
Sport: Appearance wise its a no brainer. The adaptive drive is a pretty nice addition, but I would not call it essential. We kicked this one around the most but eventual got it.
Cold weather: Essential in Chicago, IL (USA). Heated seats would probably have been fine.
Comfort access: My wife and I agree this is the best feature we never knew we needed.
Rear climate: Tinted windows are essential for the little ones, so the package is too.
Third row seat: Never used it in our last SUV so we didn't get it. This option on any mid size SUV is a total crock and completely useless to anybody over the age of 6.
iPod: Essential if you have an iPod and are into music. Otherwise, not needed.
Sirius: Again, great if you like music. Otherwise, not needed.
Running boards: Don't know how pregnant wife would have entered/exited vehicle without them. Looks great also.

We were going to order black/beige the whole time and at the last minute we changed to space grey after seeing them side by side on the floor. Black hides some of the lines.

Vecteur Unitare
10-18-2007, 10:41 AM
Defenetely - stock rims are ****. At least 19" (20" better)
Moonroof - love it
iPod integration
Running boards (look good, usefull)
///M Steering wheel (stock sucks)
Active steering (if you live in urban area)

Electric Blue
10-19-2007, 01:22 AM
So, I'm getting the 2008 3.0sd Sprts Exec Model (Twin Turbo)

Side Rails,
Prof Hifi
Sunroof
20" Wheels
USB Interface
Comfort Seats

Feb delivery

[platinum Bronze with Tobacco and bamboo inserts....

Cant wait!

rvas69
10-20-2007, 12:55 AM
Sirius is good - never need to reprogram stations as you move!

Navi was not for me - DVD based, it is an old technolgy, they should come up with
instant traffic access thru the internet, I am sure it will come up in a year or two.

Premium is a good bundle of things, but garage door opener does not work as nice as the one you can get for 15 bucks, have to press the button several times, on top of that it only works when the engine is ON.

TropicsX5
10-20-2007, 07:46 AM
Sirius is good - never need to reprogram stations as you move!

Navi was not for me - DVD based, it is an old technolgy, they should come up with
instant traffic access thru the internet, I am sure it will come up in a year or two.

Premium is a good bundle of things, but garage door opener does not work as nice as the one you can get for 15 bucks, have to press the button several times, on top of that it only works when the engine is ON.

Exactly bot NAV in 2007 Z4 cause of interface with radio but skipped it in new 2007 X5. Have premium package in X5 which is good but the garage door opener does not work either. Did get Park Distance Control which is kind of cool since it's my wifes car anyway :D . I have more fun driving Z4 :thumbup:

UncleJ
10-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Electric, do you really get the twin turbo diesel down there? That is awesome. They probably put the steering wheel on "the wrong side" too! Good luck that sounds like a great machine, don't forget to add the 'Roo bars' when you hit the outback!