PDA

View Full Version : X5 Interior wood trim???

SYLVABMA
10-21-2007, 05:12 PM
Does anyone know where I can purchase the full set of dark burlwood trim for my 2003 X5? (A BMW junk yard or similar, or if someone wants to exchange their dark burlwood for light poplar).
Mine has the light (poplar) wood trim with grey leather. I think the light wood trim goes better with a tan interior and the dark wood trim goes better with the grey.

Please advise.

Thanks!!!:dunno:

rjkimbo
10-22-2007, 09:00 PM
The later models of the first generation X5 came with light poplar wood exclusively with ZSP. I think it adds a bit of individuality to the grey interior, which is in most cases ordered with the burl walnut. Just my opinion.

SYLVABMA
10-23-2007, 03:38 PM
The later models of the first generation X5 came with light poplar wood exclusively with ZSP. I think it adds a bit of individuality to the grey interior, which is in most cases ordered with the burl walnut. Just my opinion.

The light poplar wood looks OK with the grey leather - however, I am also thinking of installing a wood / leather (sport) steering wheel which I have only seen in dark burlwood. Can't mix the two colors. So whichever I find first, I will purchase!

By the way, did you mean DSP (instead of ZSP?)

Cheers!:dunno:

rjkimbo
10-23-2007, 10:11 PM
That sounds great

By the way, did you mean DSP (instead of ZSP?)

I'm not so sure. For E70 models, the sport package is ZSP. It may have been coded differently for previous models.