PDA

View Full Version : Us dollar at bottom lows

toy67
10-22-2007, 03:41 AM
Hi,
with the U. S dollar at new lows it might be interesting to import a X5 to Europe. Except the paperworks and import duties- are there any pitfalls?

SeeYal
10-22-2007, 05:25 AM
Hi,
with the U. S dollar at new lows it might be interesting to import a X5 to Europe. Except the paperworks and import duties- are there any pitfalls?

????? With the $ so low, everything you buy out of the US is very $$$$$$...

mihaim77
10-22-2007, 10:49 PM
to Lousiana or Texas :rofl::loco:

The dolar IS at all time lows! And, yes, it would be a steal for any European to buy a car from the USA.

See, all you Europeans(i'm one too, shhh), Bush is not that bad! So stop your complaining and start buying everything we have(cause we shure can't afford anything from there anymore).
Our dollar is not worth sh.t anymore:mad:

HPIA4v2
10-23-2007, 07:44 AM
Hi,
Maybe BMW can do a UD(USA delivery) for X5 and Z4 for europeans.:bigpimp:

PowerTech
10-23-2007, 12:31 PM
to Lousiana or Texas :rofl::loco:

The dolar IS at all time lows! And, yes, it would be a steal for any European to buy a car from the USA.

See, all you Europeans(i'm one too, shhh), Bush is not that bad! So stop your complaining and start buying everything we have(cause we shure can't afford anything from there anymore).
Our dollar is not worth sh.t anymore:mad:

Get it now and get it fast!!

If US dollar stayed low, I think the price of BMW (or any other european imported goods) across the range will gone up, including X5 and Z4. Although X5 and Z4 are manufactured in the US, the engines (and other parts) are still imported don't they?

mihaim77
10-23-2007, 07:08 PM
BMW is struggling to keep it's prices down because of this.
They are actually cutting from their profits just to stay in the game; they can't afford to raise prices in such a competitive market(facts from Wall Street Journal a few weeks ago).

And Europeans can take their time buying our cars here in the US, I highly doubt it will get better. I am not a pessimist, but lets be real: the dollar will not come back !!!
Maybe they should hold off those purchases even longer; the dollar will keep on dropping.:bawling:

The Other Tom
10-23-2007, 07:16 PM
Maybe BMW can do a UD(USA delivery) for X5 and Z4 for europeans.:bigpimp:

Now that's the best idea I've heard lately.:clap:

Garik
10-24-2007, 03:10 PM
we got tons of Canadians here with money :)

:rofl:they are buying everything from us out here :rofl:

boats, cars, motorcycles, land...

TexasBMW
10-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Now that's an arbitrage i like!!

mihaim77
10-25-2007, 05:37 PM
now, too bad we we cannot go anywhere to vacation or import goods(from Europe mostly).
Prices are way too high because of the exchange rate.

TropicsX5
10-31-2007, 11:19 AM
Hi,

Probally going lower after fed decision today

HW
10-31-2007, 01:49 PM
even lower still

$1CAD = $1.057USD :yikes:
$1EURO = $1.45USD
$1GPB = $2.08USD