PDA

View Full Version : It's in at the dealer, now how do I get to see the invoice?

ShelleyH
10-25-2007, 10:22 AM
The dealer called to tell me that the 08 X5 3.0 that I ordered is in and ready for delivery. Since I ordered it prior to the release of the 08 pricing, the order was written to be at $1,500 over invoice. The salesman keeps saying that he can simply take 9% off the MSRP and arrive at the Invoice price, then add $1,500 to get to my price. I would feel better if I knew what the true invoice is so that I can make sure I'm getting the deal I thought I negotiated. Has anyone been able to find 08 invoice pricing including options etc? I could only find the dealer bulletin posted here and that didn't have invoice pricing etc. Any insights would be great, I'm picking up the vehicle tomorrow and want to be prepared not to be taken advantage of.

Starab
10-25-2007, 10:29 AM
, the order was written to be at $1,500 over invoice. Has anyone been able to find 08 invoice pricing including options etc? I could only find the dealer bulletin posted here and that didn't have invoice pricing etc. Any insights would be great,

Go to cars.com.
BMW X5 > Change the year(2008).
Good Luck.

Starab
10-25-2007, 10:51 AM
Go to cars.com.
BMW X5 > Change the year(2008).
Good Luck.

Go to Cars.com > New cars (BMW X5)
> Find a new car > Get invoice prices( Build your own)
> change Make/ Model, Click Model > Click change year:2008 >
Select a 2008 Model X5

U will find invoice and msrp side by side

ShelleyH
10-25-2007, 10:53 AM
I got that to work, thanks! But the real issue is probably that he won't show me the real invoice. When we originally priced the car using 07 numbers, I went home and did the "price with options" test on cars.com. I came up with an invoice price that was about $600 less than what he was telling me the invoice was. So, I called him and asked why the difference. He gave me a bunch of excuses like advertising, training, etc. I just want to find out what the real total invoice is and I'm not sure I can do that without seeing the dealer's invoice. Am I chasing my tail here?

Starab
10-25-2007, 11:16 AM
thanks! He gave me a bunch of excuses like advertising, training, etc. I just want to find out what the real total invoice is and I'm not sure I can do that without seeing the dealer's invoice. Am I chasing my tail here?

Dealer may add ?? (Training fee, MACO, Advertisemnt and Dealer Prep fee.) They are smart and know hoew to do the businees. Negotiate.
I was charged MACO and Training fee for mine.

ShelleyH
10-25-2007, 01:40 PM
He is acting like my transaction is a real pain for him. I feel like I am spending $60K and want/deserve his attention. He is telling me BMW won't let him show invoices, that the mark-up is a flat 7%. The last thing he faxed showed my purchase price to be $2020 above what Cars.com shows for the selling price. My deal is supposed to be $1500 and he is attributing the difference to various secret charges. It feels dirty to me. He actually said, "look, I'm getting the minimum commission already so I need to make this delivery fast". I thought he was supposed to give me a thorough orientation to the vehicle, not throw me the keys and run.

TexasBMW
10-25-2007, 04:05 PM
I don't care if this is a BMW or what, but he is definately trying to hustle you. That's ridiculous and you shouldn't be treated that way. Don't be rushed! Throw him a curve ball -- tell him you are waiting for some more information and won't take delivery tomorrow. You have the negotiating power. Don't let this fella take that from you. Wait it out and you can find out pricing. I have pricing on a few of the '08 options. Let me know if you want me to fax it to you. Base stayed same for 4.8i between 07 and 08, so yours should too.

philippek
10-25-2007, 04:13 PM
BMW's Training Service Fee is $180, and every BMW sold in North America is charged that. MACO will vary from region to region. In So Cal it's $380, and that is a bona fide charge that will appear on the invoice.

So, if the difference you're seeing is $520, that's completely within the realm of reality, and your deal may truly be $1500 over invoice, which is a good deal for you and fair for the dealership.

However, for him to say, "look, I'm getting the minimum commission already so I need to make this delivery fast," is the mark of a complete amateur. When I'm buying high end goods I expect the buying experience to be at least as nice as the goods I'm buying. Personally I wouldn't buy a toaster from someone like that, much less a $60k vehicle.

TexasBMW
10-25-2007, 04:16 PM
The quote I just received from a dealer was $350 MACO and $180 for Training/Service fee, so $530. I was wondering about that. Thanks.

rh71
10-27-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm thinking you should get a senior staff member involved if he continues to treat you half-assed. Even if they're not going to like their profit on your deal, they still have to treat you with respect as a customer.

Jalli
10-27-2007, 01:02 PM
Can't show invoices, what? If he's dealing straight with you, he should just pull it out and show it to you. However, it gets kind of sticky once you consider MACO etc..