PDA

View Full Version : Brake light

wally6466
10-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Recently replaced brake pads and turned rotors on my X5. Did not change the brake pad sensors. Can't seem to get the brake alert light to go off on the dash. Any suggestions. have already disconnected battery and that did not work. Help please!

jcl10
10-28-2007, 12:28 AM
The wear sensors are single-use; if they have tripped the light on the dash they need to be replaced. They aren't expensive, get them at the dealer. There is one on each axle, LF and RR, although you may not need both of them.

sweetrl
10-28-2007, 04:37 PM
I changed the brakes and sensor's on my 02 X5 and it wouldn't go out and I left it alone because the brakes were working fine....when I took it to the mechanic for it's oil change (Absolutely NOT jiffy aka rip-off) he told me when it was tripped (set off by the sensor wearing the plastic down to the metal on the tip of the sensor) it had to be reset by the bmw reset equipment. I am not completely sure if this is completely true or there is a way to by-pass this without messing up the computer but...if they are working...wait until you can get it reset (hopefully at no cost).:)

Dynamictype
11-08-2007, 05:50 PM
$105 here to reset. Go to Autozone and they can clear the codes.