PDA

View Full Version : Tint on Rear Defroster red lines and glare driving at night

TropicsX5
10-28-2007, 05:37 PM
Mistake tinted back window and now get glare driving at night from cars in back throgh lines on rear defroster . The problem is i can't remember if it was this way before putting tint on rear window. Thanks

TropicsX5
10-29-2007, 08:49 AM
Guess, I'm the only one with this problem. Thanks will remove the tint and hope the rear window is ok. :thumbup:

denaliman
10-29-2007, 09:35 AM
Is your auto dimming mirror working??

TropicsX5
10-29-2007, 07:01 PM
Is your auto dimming mirror working??

how do i know if it is working ? nothing on rear view mirro 2007 X

michaeloliverio
10-29-2007, 07:37 PM
clean the outside (even use a clay bar outside)
then clean the inside (tinted side) with a cleaner approved for tint such as zep or invisible glass.
I'd bet you have some fog on the inside.
mike

TropicsX5
10-31-2007, 04:32 PM
Thanks but no fog. This is the problem from what i have read here and other forums.

At night you may notice that the light from headlights will reflect off of the defogger lines. This is caused by the film having to bend slightly around the raised defogger line, it varies from car to car, and there is nothing that can be done about it.

Really sucks BMW dealer rec I put tint since sav did not come with it. Waiting few more days but will have to take tint off. Can't drive at night:eeps:

Hogie
10-31-2007, 07:49 PM
Who tinted the glass? Over the years I have had 3 vehicles professionaly tinted, each had a rear window defroster/defogger.

I have never experienced what you are posting. Was it a special tint/mirror applied?

This has nothing to do with BMW. Im just have not experienced this phenominom.

TropicsX5
10-31-2007, 08:44 PM
Who tinted the glass? Over the years I have had 3 vehicles professionaly tinted, each had a rear window defroster/defogger.

I have never experienced what you are posting. Was it a special tint/mirror applied?

This has nothing to do with BMW. Im just have not experienced this phenominom.

Yes this has nothing to do with BMW but just discussing many expierence this, If the back window has privacy glass it's fine it only happens when you actually put the film direclty over the window defogger lines. Thanks.