PDA

View Full Version : 01 X5 Brakes

rshankar
10-29-2007, 04:09 PM
I was at a private shop in the bay area, CA for a 90K inspection and the mechanic said that they would need to replace the brake pads as they were completely worn out. I never got an dashlight warning me about this - is this normal? In fact, I don't recall ever having replaced the pads!!

Anyways, the mechanic quoted me about $1100 for the work including labor. Is that reasonable?

TIA

Zulu95
10-30-2007, 05:15 AM
Check around the vendors who support the board. I think you'll find that a complete set (F&R) of pads/rotors should run under $300 (That's what i paid about 2 years ago.) and it only takes a couple of hours to do.

TexasBMW
10-30-2007, 09:27 AM
I need to do the same...good timing.

Do you remember who you used to purchase your brakes? And, did you go with OEM rotors and pads? :thumbup:

Check around the vendors who support the board. I think you'll find that a complete set (F&R) of pads/rotors should run under $300 (That's what i paid about 2 years ago.) and it only takes a couple of hours to do.

Zulu95
10-30-2007, 11:01 AM
Axxis pads and Brembo slotted/cross drilled rotors. The rotors were cross drilled by the vendor and zinc plated.
Do a web search or try fleabay as there are plenty of vendors out there and it's cheaper to pick up in state than have these items shipped due to their weight.
GL