BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Looking 4 new rubber 4 her

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mark_m5 
#1 ·
Ok fellas oh and ladies lol looking for new some new tires for the ride. I need to replace the fronts due to my balance being off so now the front tires are like mad bad lost of wheel
hop feel it in the streering wheel really bad. Imagine the front tires going out before the rear tired on a M5 lol well if seeing is believing well come see. Anyway my question is will a 255/35 18 fit the stock rear rims? I like to get a more wider rear end look when your looking at her phat ass from behind excuse me ladies but nothing wrong with a phat ass right:thumbup:? The tire I have decided to go with is the Falken FK452. I wouldn't mind going a little wider on the front as well since wider is better or was that just an old tale pass down from 1 car guy to the next, but I am cool if I need to keep the front at the stock size. I would love to go back with the GoodYears that came on her but my pockets just are not that deep yet so going to say in a more pratical price range for now but if you have any suggestions on another brand that will still give me a nice ride and performance then let me know. Also while I am on my soap box does anyone know who sells a good upper front and upper rear stress bar for our M5 cars' or is the M5 such a good performer it doesn't require a upper rear stress bar? Also does anyone recall that part number on the MAF sold by VW that you can use on the M% as well just requires you opening the MAF and installing the VW sensor but safe mad $$$ compared to buying new but I will say I did
see the MAF for sale brand new for $125 each but keep me posted indeed.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Go to m5board.com. Lots of info there. Be sure to use the search function before posting as your questions may have been ask and answered before.

1. 275/35/18 is stock. Narrower might compromise traction, but will aid in reducing understeer. Kinda give and take on that selection. Plus a 255 will looked stretched on a 9" wheel.

2. Stress bars are user choice. Find one that you like (style/price/constuction). I prefer one that is not hinged, ie. one solid piece, no bolts holding the bar to the mounts.

3. Can't recall the number, but this is a popular subject on "The Board" so the search function there will net you tons of info.

PLUS, not too many of us frequent the M5 section here anymore.:(

#4 ·
I just recently saw a thread talking about a Range Rover part # for the MAF too.

Multiple M5board members have set up their cars with the rear wheel size on the front - by using spacers. User Laidback here (laidbacknags on m5board unless he's changed it) has that setup.

I thought about doing it.

I got a quote for Toyo Proxes-4's (normal sizes) - mounted, balanced, plus 4-wheel alignment = $1100. It was only slightly more for Toyo RA-1's (my current rubber), which give incredible performance - but don't last very long.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.