BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Preferred winter wheels and tires for e70 4.8 ZSP 20"

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  brian5 
#1 ·
Hi - what are people in the wintery areas of the US running as a wheel/tire setup to replace the 20" sport wheel option? IIRC, they're fitted with tire pressure monitors narrowing the choice of wheels...

Thanks!
Jason

#2 ·
BMW OEM winter wheels come with the TPM's. If you want something else check with tirerack they have options. Otherwise buy aftermarket rims & tires and OEM TPM's. 18" size with a narrower footprint is your best setup. Just a note that the e70 hub bore size is different than previous models so make sure you get the correct hub size. Dunlop Grandtrek WT M3 ROF comes to mind and Pirelli Scorpion Snow & Ice non-runflat.

#3 ·
My 4.8i with 20" Sports Package is going to be delivered later this month -- production completed yesterday. Have been going through the same investigation regarding winter wheels.

The Tirerack options are close to $3,000 for 18" rims with run-flats. I need run-flats because of the the 3rd row seat. BMW has a package deal on snow tires (style 209, 18" run-flats) for about $3,000 so that's what I'm going to purchase from my dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.