PDA

View Full Version : Replace to no RF Tires!

ododomus
11-05-2007, 01:46 PM
I Have a 2007 X5 3.0 Si with standard tires [no sport pkg.]. At some point in the not so far futurewhen the RF tires wear out, I would like to replace them with non run flat tires. Has anyone replaced tires to no RF and what is experience/recommendation? Thanks.

denaliman
11-05-2007, 02:29 PM
I Have a 2007 X5 3.0 Si with standard tires [no sport pkg.]. At some point in the not so far futurewhen the RF tires wear out, I would like to replace them with non run flat tires. Has anyone replaced tires to no RF and what is experience/recommendation? Thanks.

You can put a non-runflat tire on a runflat rim, but you cannot put a runflat tire on a non-runflat rim. I don't see any reason why you could not switch over to non-RFT. However, you will not have a spare.

ododomus
11-06-2007, 10:17 AM
Thank you very much for explanation. X5 comes with sare donut in trunk (not equipped with 3rd row seats).Do you have any suggestion as to best non-run flat tire replacement?

denaliman
11-06-2007, 02:17 PM
Thank you very much for explanation. X5 comes with sare donut in trunk (not equipped with 3rd row seats).Do you have any suggestion as to best non-run flat tire replacement?

I see your in Florida, so you won't need two sets of tires/rims. A good all season performance or high performace summer tire. I have good experience with Toyo Proxes and B.F. Goodrich KDW. Yokohama also has Advan S/T and Michelin Damaris 4x4 which I think were OE on earlier models year.

TexasBMW
11-06-2007, 09:07 PM
I have liked the Michelin Diamaris on my X5.
I see your in Florida, so you won't need two sets of tires/rims. A good all season performance or high performace summer tire. I have good experience with Toyo Proxes and B.F. Goodrich KDW. Yokohama also has Advan S/T and Michelin Damaris 4x4 which I think were OE on earlier models year.