PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have updated news on US bound diesels?

racefaith
11-06-2007, 01:13 PM
My dealer said he received notice they'll get 9 TOTAL in year 2008 but has not been given a date. I am more interested in which engine - will it be the single or twin turbo??

thanks

LMC
11-06-2007, 08:33 PM
My dealer said he received notice they'll get 9 TOTAL in year 2008 but has not been given a date. I am more interested in which engine - will it be the single or twin turbo??

thanks

I assume you mean 9 total X5 Diesels?

I think it will be the twin turbo variant, although I suppose it is possible that (for emissions/US fuel reasons) the output will be lower than the Euro/RoW variant. The rationale for the twin turbo would be that BMW will want to impress upon the US market in a dramatic fashion that we are no longer talking old school black-smoke bog-slow Diesels like the older Mercedes. We are talking Modern Whiz-Bang High-Tech Diesels! So my prediction is 280 hp or so.

Pure speculation on my part. :)

TexasBMW
11-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Id love to drive that diesel!

pschenck2
11-07-2007, 02:16 PM
9? Please don't take this the wrong way but why bother? Imagine showing up at the dealer and needing a part for an engine which there are only nine of in the entire US that would be a nightmare. As far as making an impression, honestly how many folks will get a chance to see or drive one of 9 vehicles?

racefaith
11-10-2007, 06:08 AM
not the US

Alistair
11-10-2007, 06:22 AM
I heard delivery in November. I went in to order a new E90 M3 and asked about exchanging my X5 3.0 for the diesel. He said they will be in the show room in November. Then he went on to explain that he had just moved back from living in Madrid. He was explaining that the higher infant mortality rate in Spain is directly related to the fact they drive so many diesels; what a dick head.

rhonig
11-10-2007, 07:06 PM
Upon questioning my local BMW dealer last week regarding X5 diesel availability in US he said the following:

Per his BMW rep., X5 diesels will be orderable in September (that feels like November delivery), the thinking being that BMW wants Ultra Low Sulfur diesel fuel more universally available country wide before releasing diesel vehicles here. He also said that the diesels will be available in the series 3s and X5s initially.

I wonder when the X6 will be out and if it will be available in diesel initially.

oilbelcher
11-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Just checking, but assuming that November discussions are 2008, rather than Nov07, correct? I just don't wantt to wait an entire full year to order my diesel.