PDA

View Full Version : AA discount code

hockeynut
03-26-2003, 12:00 PM
If you are flying on AA and booking online, this code should save you 10%: S674ML

SteveH

Trevordog
03-26-2003, 12:32 PM
Where do you put this code in? I looked on American Airlines website under reservations and I couldn't find a place to enter a discount code ...

3or5er
03-26-2003, 12:37 PM
:D don't fly AA... it's not worth your life:eek:

Trevordog
03-26-2003, 01:17 PM
actually I already have my tickets for Munich - I was just curious for my other domestic travels this year. Which brings up another question - was that code valid for just international reservations or all types? THANKS!

hockeynut
03-26-2003, 01:48 PM
Apparently the code works for all tix purchased on aa.com.

When you select the flights you want, you will get a screen where you put in the passenger name(s) and contact information. Near the bottom it says "Fare Promotional Code"...this is where you put in the code.

SteveH

jl5555
03-26-2003, 08:30 PM
The code above is last years' discount code but reports have it that it's working again. The new one for this year is S716HG. 10% off AA only itineraries above $150. However, similar reports are that it's not working. Try both.

But since AA doesn't fly to Munich, only through Zurich on a codeshare, you can't use the discount code to get you all the way to Munich. The best you can do is use AA all the way to Frankfurt then take the train (or buy a separate plane ticket) to Munich.

beewang
03-27-2003, 02:30 PM
More bad news for US carrier (http://quote.bloomberg.com/fgcgi.cgi?ptitle=Top%20Financial%20News&s1=blk&tp=ad_topright_topfin&refer=topsum&T=markets_box.ht&s2=ad_right1_topfin&bt=ad_position1_topfin&box=ad_box_all&tag=financial&middle=ad_frame2_topfin&s=APoNzLRVJQU1SIE1h)

In the long run, this is going to effect us w/ lesser flight availability.:(

beewang

hockeynut
03-27-2003, 02:53 PM
Yes, that does indeed suck :mad: :cry: :thumbdwn:

USAirways, United and even Hawaiian are under Ch11 and still flying, albeit with those dang reduced schedules. I just need AA to stay in business until my Hawaii trip this summer.

I somehow feel personally responsible for this...I spent the past 4 years in a consulting position, flying every week (and last year it was over a dozen trips to Germany, all on full fare business class tickets). This year I have a normal job with a desk, an office, annoying coworkers, and no airplanes in my commute.

Apologies, Mr. Carty(1).

SteveH

(1) Don Carty, CEO AMR Corp

jl5555
03-27-2003, 10:37 PM
If you're heading to Germany this summer, AA just posted some rather exceptional fares to Germany from Chicago. Only Chicago for now as far as I can tell...

Fare is available July 1 to August 31st.

Mon-Thur $425 plus tax to FRA, MUC, STR and others
Fri-Sun $475 plus tax.

There was plenty of availability as of this morning. Using the discount codes above gets the ORD-FRA weekday fare down to $450. An outstanding fare, get it while it lasts. I predict they'll pull the fare pretty soon.