PDA

View Full Version : Bummer

jubilee32
11-07-2007, 01:43 PM
I am new to the forum and look forward to good visits and timely info. I wish I had known about it before I bought our X5 with the RFT option. Had a finishing nail in the tire today - required a new tire. No options. We bought the third-seat option due largely to the salesman's vow that RFT were great. He never told us a warranty was available for the tires that would have covered this and saved me $556. I would switch to standard tires but would have no spare and that is not smart either.:cry:

This is our second, and last, X5. I suspect it will be hard to buy another BMW after this experience. We've had lots of small problems - GPS that is marginal and a few other things but this would have been a deal-breaker if I had known.

SO! That's off my chet and I look forward to a good membership now learning positive things

TropicsX5
11-07-2007, 02:03 PM
I am new to the forum and look forward to good visits and timely info. I wish I had known about it before I bought our X5 with the RFT option. Had a finishing nail in the tire today - required a new tire. No options. We bought the third-seat option due largely to the salesman's vow that RFT were great. He never told us a warranty was available for the tires that would have covered this and saved me $556. I would switch to standard tires but would have no spare and that is not smart either.:cry:

This is our second, and last, X5. I suspect it will be hard to buy another BMW after this experience. We've had lots of small problems - GPS that is marginal and a few other things but this would have been a deal-breaker if I had known.

SO! That's off my chet and I look forward to a good membership now learning positive things

I feel your pain. I have RFT on both my BMWs' Both have no spears. Tire maint was not available when i bought z4 in Jan 07 so when it happens i will pay too. But did buy the tire maint on X5 for $565.

OldHubbardRd
11-07-2007, 03:13 PM
I was quote about $895 for the insurance. Should I consider the insurance?? Can I get a better price elsewhere??

denaliman
11-07-2007, 03:55 PM
If the sidewall is not compromised and the hole is less than 3/16" you can repair the runflat. BMW does not recommend it, but you can. Other people have and a local tire dealer said that it can be repaired if you are "certified". They use a special process to vulcanize the patch.

TropicsX5
11-07-2007, 04:16 PM
I was quote about $895 for the insurance. Should I consider the insurance?? Can I get a better price elsewhere??

My dealer wanted $895 I negotiated the price down to $565 which also includes ding insurance.

denaliman
11-07-2007, 04:57 PM
I paid $500.00 here in Canada back in April.

jubilee32
11-08-2007, 05:55 AM
We will be picking up the insurance details today - dealer quoted a 3-year and 5-year package. I think the 5-year was about $500 +/-