PDA

View Full Version : '07 and won't start?

Hniel
11-14-2007, 09:20 AM
Went to leave for a Dr's appt this am and no power, a couple of grunts. Just amazing? Called bmw and they sent tow truck to boost which finally worked, left X5 running at appt. in case it let me down again but after arriving home it does restart. Nothing was left on and totally puzzles me. Dealer is 2 hours away and they say if it breaks down, they'll tow it to dealership but not flat bed a loaner to me. Gotta love it. My 03 M3 was towed to dealer once for recall items and they dropped me off a 328 loaner for the 3 days it was in shop. Also the mileage is back to 8000approx km instead of the 12500 it was on yesterday. All setting, radio, seats etc are lost. Anyone experience same situation. Thanks, Hniel/Ontario 07,sport,4.8,20's

emcman
11-14-2007, 09:37 AM
I have not but from what I have read it could be a simple dead battery. When jumped it will run OK but if the batter holds no charge it will not start on it's own. I thought the X5 had to be flat bed towed?

Hniel
11-14-2007, 10:23 AM
Apparently it can't be towed and driver after boosting said leave vehicle outside as it can't be moved with out rollers. Not much clearance between roof and garage ceiling so that was their idea by leaving outside. But why would the battery go dead? I know it's possible to be faulty but not very likely. Thanks, Hniel;

Zulu95
11-14-2007, 10:44 AM
Try a search over on x5world.com This subject has been well covered over there.

emcman
11-15-2007, 08:28 AM
Battery should not die but I know a few have. The X5 has a lot of gizmos and pulls a fair current I would imagine. I have read of some battery drain issues though very seldom. I still put my money on a bad battery or connection from the battery.

I have comfort access and left the fob in the back seat in my laptop case one night and had a battery drain notice the next morning. It still started and recharged fine. It seems like you X5 battery is not charging or has a connection issue. If so that is a fast easy and permanent fix. Better than and an electronic or computer issue that could take time to run down