PDA

View Full Version : Question about Nav disk noise.

tomcronX5
11-15-2007, 08:37 AM
Picked up my '08 X5 4.8i on Tuesday and am loving it so far.:thumbup:

One thing that I noticed is that the Nav disk spinning/reading is audible. It is a very slight noise but I notice it in what is an otherwise pin-drop quiet car. 90% of the time I have music or radio on so I can't hear it but was just wondering if anyone else experiences this. Perhaps I have a bad Nav disk.

Overall love the car. The power is great and the V-8 growl is really nice.:D

tomcronX5
11-27-2007, 12:04 PM
bump.

just wondering if anyone else notices this noise.

LtGlenn13
11-28-2007, 02:20 PM
The only time I ever heard the Nav disk drive making noise was when I inserted the disk when the vehicle was not running. Otherwise, mine is pretty quit.

ShelleyH
11-29-2007, 03:25 PM
I thought it was really weird since I have owned Lexuses, Toyotas and Acuras, all with Nav systems and never heard the disk before, but as I am writing this, it dawns on me that all the other vehicles had the disk drives either under the seat or in the trunk. It's probably just proximity. I wonder why they put it in the dash since you would theoretically only need acces to the actual disk very infrequently. In fact, now I'm wondering if they put it in the dash in case you want to use the display to play regular DVDs? That would be cool, for passengers only, of course.