PDA

View Full Version : Hotel/car share? (4 nites in SB)

geebeemer
11-16-2007, 09:30 AM
Am seriously considering doing the 'fest next year, and want to start making plans toward that end. What kills me is the cost of hotel, think the flight is ~$400 r/t, but the hotel, for the period I was thinking, is killing me! :mad:

Was considering arriving in SB 5/1, return flight of 5/5. I see no point in making the trip for the day - and haven't yet considered the cost of renting a car for the duration.

Anyone interested in looking into sharing a room/car? :dunno:

(This is not definite at this point, but would like to look into it....)

tgee
11-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Am seriously considering doing the 'fest next year, and want to start making plans toward that end. What kills me is the cost of hotel, think the flight is ~$400 r/t, but the hotel, for the period I was thinking, is killing me! :mad:

Was considering arriving in SB 5/1, return flight of 5/5. I see no point in making the trip for the day - and haven't yet considered the cost of renting a car for the duration.

(This is not definite at this point, but would like to look into it....)Check with Swiss, he might be willing. :eek: :rofl:

Santa Barbara hotels are pretty pricey...you might want to try a couple of nights in Ventura.

hockeynut
01-29-2008, 06:47 PM
I'd be up for a rideshare/hotelshare. I get corporate discount :D

SailinSand
02-11-2008, 06:13 AM
Looking at flights... 333-450 (depending upon which flights you pick). ...just searched on SW's website... not kayak or orbitz.

Haven't even looked at hotel at all though. ...how expensive are they?

Is it easy to get around there? ...or would yah have to rent a car? ...anyone even know if they rent 24y/o a car? ...last time I tried to rent a car I thought I had to be 25.

Is there anything else cool to do in the area? I've never been to CA.

...if anyone has any good info PM me pls. :)

///M3lissa
02-11-2008, 09:31 AM
Looking at flights... 333-450 (depending upon which flights you pick). ...just searched on SW's website... not kayak or orbitz.

Is it easy to get around there? ...or would yah have to rent a car? ...anyone even know if they rent 24y/o a car? ...last time I tried to rent a car I thought I had to be 25.

I believe they will rent to your husband and you will automatically be authorized to drive as his legal spouse.

You'll just have to bring him :)

reidconti
02-11-2008, 12:24 PM

~150-200 if you can find one in the SB area.

Oh yeah, easy to get around. Haven't you heard, every city in CA has wonderful mass transit, with high-speed rail links between them. Hence the moniker, "California, the car-less state!" :rofl:

Nope, nothing to see here, move along :D

SailinSand
02-11-2008, 05:28 PM
I believe they will rent to your husband and you will automatically be authorized to drive as his legal spouse.

You'll just have to bring him :)

I'd love to bring him, but it's looking like he'll have to work. ...and a recruiter just called him about a diff job, so who knows what the heck he'll be doing then. :dunno:

BradHouser
02-13-2008, 11:56 AM
Santa Barbara hotels are pretty pricey...you might want to try a couple of nights in Ventura.

Motel 6 has rooms under $90, less if you are willing to stay a few miles away, such as Carpinteria, where I found a room for $60.

yuhou411
02-13-2008, 08:59 PM
yea acutally im looking for sumone to share a room with...let me know guys

Spicey
02-13-2008, 09:06 PM

I was able to rent a car to go to Las Vegas, 22 at the time. You can rent a car below the age of 25, but it will be atleast an extra 50$ a day. I haven't looked to see where Bimmerfest will be held or where you will be staying, but if you are on state street or near to it you do not have to drive for restraunts or bars, actually you are close to the rail road station, but I haven't used it. If you want to go outtside of Santa Barb. you will want a car, but if you are content to hag around there it is not needed.

///M3lissa
02-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Hay Salin' .. you just got your opportunity with yuhou411.

I'm sure you'd buddy frog will vouch that he's a great guy :thumbup:

:rofl:

reidconti
02-13-2008, 09:38 PM
I have a strict policy about only offering to share my Bimmerfest room with a woman if I don't know it's a woman when the offer is made. :rofl:

yuhou411
02-13-2008, 10:39 PM
lol took me like 3 times to understnad but reid meant.. um salin how come ur location says "the sunshine state" when u say taht u have never been to CA hm.,...

ffej
02-13-2008, 10:53 PM
I have a strict policy about only offering to share my Bimmerfest room with a woman if I don't know it's a woman when the offer is made. :rofl:

In a suite, no less :thumbup:

reidconti
02-14-2008, 01:03 AM

In a suite, no less :thumbup:

I think we're all beginning to understand why I have nothing better to do but work at 10pm on Valentine's day... :tsk:

///M3lissa
02-20-2008, 10:12 PM
I'd take great care of lil' Saline. :p

:D

After all, she's got to repay you for all the great advice you've given her ;)

:p

SailinSand
02-23-2008, 04:17 AM
I'd take great care of lil' Saline. :p

:D

I'll bet you will...

:p

SailinSand
02-23-2008, 04:33 AM
But in all seriousness I'm still thinking about going. ...this or possibly a bike trip that our fester friend Diana recommended. Who knows I may end up staying here catching up (and hitting the beach) with friends I haven't seen b/c I've been so busy studying this semester...for one stupid class. Ugh!

Classes end the last week in April, and I'd like to do something around that time...before I start the torture of Ironman training in June (for IMAZ in Nov). :(

Hubby said no traveling for a year, but he's asked me if I already have my next trip planned ... funny, I know.

Dave 330i
02-24-2008, 05:32 PM

(This is not definite at this point, but would like to look into it....)
Fly into LAX. An economy car is very cheap if you book in advance. I just checked, $14/day from Advantage, slightly more for the name brand rentals. No CC is necessary for the reservation. You don't even need to cancel if you decide not to rent the car. Check travelocity.com or expedia.com for cheapest rates. If you need a cheap hotel I recommend Motel 6 in Thousand Oaks. Again if you book on the internet the rate is cheaper, like $45/night. Request a room "up the hill". It is quieter up there. It's only 50 minute drive from Thousand Oaks to Santa Barbara, a beautiful and relaxing drive along the coast most of the way. I recommend that you get there before the caravan. Get on the freeway overpass to watch it arrives. Have a good trip.