PDA

View Full Version : Attention Vancouver BMW owners!!

animaspartan
11-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Hey,

This section of the bimmerfest forums are lacking,

So I am planning to get a BMW 528XI

I went to Brian Jessel, AutoWest, Burrard, and North Van Parkshore

Before I had any information regarding leasing cars I went to all three dealerships, as I bought Hondas and Toyotas in the past and never leased.

So I will start with my experiences as it may help some others,

The best was Brian Jessel
The worst was Parkshore
Second was AutoWest
Third was Burrard

Didn't even get service when I entered Parkshore

Brian Jessel gave a good spew of things, AutoWest was pretty great as well but they talked shiet about other dealers and that wasn't too professional,
Burrard was very energetic was felt like a salesman trying to pull a fast one

Please share your experiences, or lead me to another BMW forum more Canadian enhanced....

Good Day

Jspeed
11-24-2007, 10:49 PM
Thanks for sharing. I found Brian Jessel to offer better discount than Park Shore. I've had good experiences with servicing the car at either, but I now go to Nixon's (an independent shop).

HW
11-24-2007, 11:24 PM
:thumbup: for the service at The BMW Store (Vancouver Auto BMW).

bought mine from BJ bmw but my saleman wasn't very knowledgeable about the car and just gave a bunch of BS answers to my questions. very much like the Duffield Q&A sessions :rofl: :tsk:

i had a crappy experience from Park Shore

tbal69
11-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Brain Jessel has some good sales guys... Steve, Valentino... However the service department, is horrible, hard to get hold of, and dont seem to knowledgable.

Autowest Service is good, but hard to get hold of them sometimes...

triggs
11-29-2007, 11:10 AM
Brian Jessel sales guys are pretty good.

However they never gave me a bmw as loaner car in last 1.5 years whereas I saw tons of AutoWest BMW loaner cars on the street.

Their service department's too busy to handle all the customers in very detail, but I'm satisfied overall.

jboucher
02-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Brian Jessel has a great valet service. You have to book in advance, so not much good for emergency repairs. But for an oil change etc....they will bring an '08 323 or X3 to you house or office and take your car back to their shop.....they only charge $13 for this service.

Their service coordinators are not at all knowledgable...receptionists really...so you have make sure your instructions are very clear otherwise they will miss things. they are more interested in growing the business, in my opinion, than the quality of the business....

Sales guys are great! Of course, they want their commission. I have been offered a 545 as an overnight take it home test drive!

tbal69
02-24-2008, 02:37 AM
at the end of the day, all bmw dealerships suck ass, they know people who want a bmw, are going to buy one no matter what. ****en pricks.

conors
08-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Parkshore pulled a bait and switch on me with a brand new X5 for $68,000 ex tax!! Promised options like comfort seats and then after waiting two weeks for the car to turn up without the seats they said i had to pay an extra $1,500 for them.. The rep denied saying they were included and the manager didnt want to know.. I'd avoid them like the plauge if your looking for a new beemer. I don teven want to use them for the free service i'm so pissed at them!

ramp33
11-14-2009, 02:42 PM
They are the worst. Even if you get a good deal on a purchase (which is not likely), never ever bring your car in there for servicing. It's a circus, even with 10+ phone calls you'll never know when your car is ready, you will get "conflicting" (and that's being polite) reports,
you'll be charged for what you were told you would not be charged, they will perform service on what you did not request and be charged for it, I thought after the first visit it was only a bad day for them, when I brought in the car for servicing the second time I understood they have no good days. There is a reason their recording talks about perfection as they realize why not talk about it; that's easier for them than even approximating basic proficiency and service. Stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(:(

Hu99
09-25-2010, 09:36 PM
The BMW Store (5th & Burrard) has been my dealership since my first BMW (I'm now on my third). I'm not your typical BMW owner to look at, I'm a blue collar working guy but every time I walk through the door at BMW Store I'm treated with respect and dignity. Whether I'm in for service, to look at a new model, or actually buying I feel like they appreciate my business and are glad that I've chosen their dealership. I dropped by at Jessel once after work to see about a snow tire/wheel package and the sneering looks I received from the snotty staff were an eyeopener. I once had bodywork done through Auto West and they too were very accommodating but I have never been to Park Shore.
My salesman at The BMW Store is Michael Willems and he's absolutely the best dealership salesman I've ever dealt with, his philosophy is that he hasn't done his job until you become a repeat customer because no matter how much a salesman makes from a sale, he has failed unless that customer returns.

GiaGiaJa
09-25-2010, 10:09 PM
What do you mean...You guys found some bad place there in Canada?
I alway think Canada is so...so..sooooo peaceful. Everybody are happy and generous!

Hu99
09-28-2010, 07:24 PM
[QUOTE=GiaGiaJa;5497760[
I alway think Canada is so...so..sooooo peaceful. Everybody are happy and generous![/QUOTE]

We like to give that impression (but it's just a ruse)

stonedwheels
04-14-2011, 11:06 PM
where do you guys take your Bmw to service?? or get modify ? i want to get my 7 tinted with f1 or huper optic , still deciding .. and upgrade new angel eyes .. but more importantly i need a tune up !!!!
thanks for all recommendations !
A.N

tonorc
04-19-2011, 04:46 PM
I just ordered an X3 from The BMW Store on Burrard. My sales rep Jessica was great - I got the discount I wanted, and great follow-up which is important when waiting for delivery. So far the experience has been great. The sales guy I talked to at Brian Jessel didn't follow up with info as promised, but I've used their service and found them to be good to deal with. Auto-West provided great service when I purchased my first Bimmer from them 12 years ago, but their line was the same now as it was 12 years ago - the cars are selling well so we don't need to give a discount.

Dave 20T
05-17-2013, 07:28 AM
What do you mean...You guys found some bad place there in Canada?
I alway think Canada is so...so..sooooo peaceful. Everybody are happy and generous!

???

I agree that BC is the Best Place on Earth but there are quirks. Are parts more expensive than in the U.S.?

stonex1
06-17-2013, 09:00 AM
The BMW Store (5th & Burrard) has been my dealership since my first BMW (I'm now on my third). I'm not your typical BMW owner to look at, I'm a blue collar working guy but every time I walk through the door at BMW Store I'm treated with respect and dignity. Whether I'm in for service, to look at a new model, or actually buying I feel like they appreciate my business and are glad that I've chosen their dealership. I dropped by at Jessel once after work to see about a snow tire/wheel package and the sneering looks I received from the snotty staff were an eyeopener. I once had bodywork done through Auto West and they too were very accommodating but I have never been to Park Shore.
My salesman at The BMW Store is Michael Willems and he's absolutely the best dealership salesman I've ever dealt with, his philosophy is that he hasn't done his job until you become a repeat customer because no matter how much a salesman makes from a sale, he has failed unless that customer returns.

+1

Willems was my salesman too! and I actually never got to meet him.

I emailed him all the info, my options with invoice pricing, and what I wanted to pay.
A 4 minute and 28 second phone call later I made a deposit.
Basically 2 months later the car arrived and due to timing, we picked up the car on one of Willems's day off, but the staff was very nice that helped us.
The experience was quick and painless, just how I like it.

I'll be getting service done likely in Kelowna only because its the closest dealer. :)

euro-r
01-17-2014, 11:09 AM
Went to couple dealer and at the end bought mine at the bmw store ;)

PinkLambo
02-19-2014, 08:33 PM
Brian Jessel service sucks. Last time I went in, they literally tore out my carpets and left it stuck in the gas pedal...

bforbryan
03-03-2014, 12:56 AM
^ seriously? I just leased a 2014 335i from them.. It's my first bimmer so I'm curious if I can go to any of these dealerships for the warranty service? I can jump around too right?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Timtao
03-03-2014, 02:12 PM
You can take your BMW to any dealership in Canada. I just had mine done at Auto West, and they were great.

bforbryan
03-03-2014, 08:20 PM
Thanks Tim. Glad people still check this part of the forum lol. Auto West seems nice.

3PointO
04-20-2014, 12:44 AM
I used to like the BMW store at least on the service side. But on the sales side, last time we were there, some salesman whistled at my wife across their parking lot and started yelling obscenities at her before running inside and hiding when she walked towards the entrance! When she asked the other sales folks inside where the guy had gone, they pleaded ignorance and told her no-one matching the description worked there! Totally unprofessional and outright rude, will never buy another car from them as a result.

Timtao
04-23-2014, 01:49 PM
That sounds like something you should bring to the attention of the manager of the dealership, and also BMW Canada. I'm sure they'd want to know! Up until now, I've heard only good things about the sales dept at The BMW Store.