PDA

View Full Version : premium sound or not?

jasonrhcastle
11-18-2007, 05:05 PM
I have an 2008 4.8 on order, scheduled for production in two weeks. I am still unsure of whether or not I should have ordered the premium sound. As of now, I only have the standard system on order. I do not need a DVD changer as I have a high capacity iPod. Just wondered what your opinions were from those who have the standard and premium systems. I am going to listen to both on tuesday to see if I can tell a difference.

Thanks...

J

TexasBMW
11-19-2007, 09:24 AM
Great question, let me know what you think!

brian5
11-19-2007, 01:16 PM
Well, I don't know anyone that has the standard and premium systems (in the same X5) :)

I am not an audiophile but I really like what I've heard from the premium sound in my 2008 X5 so far. I haven't done extensive testing on it yet but the sound quality of the CD (single) player and the DVD player appears to be much better than my iPod. My iPod songs track quality varies but half of my 7,000+ tracks are 192 kbps or better.

Note that the CDs that I played in my DVD player are the ones that I burned from iTunes.

Another advantage of having the DVD player is that you can play DVDs on the front navigation screen while the X5 is in Park.