PDA

View Full Version : Pirelli Snow & Ice Tires year round

nrgflow
11-19-2007, 09:21 PM
Anybody running Perelli Snow & Ice Tires year round? If so, how long do they last and how do they handle and sound when its dry

denaliman
11-20-2007, 04:46 AM
Anybody running Perelli Snow & Ice Tires year round? If so, how long do they last and how do they handle and sound when its dry

They sure won't last very long if you drive them all year. The rubber compound is very soft.

nrgflow
11-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Yes, I keep reading that Winter tires should be used during the proper season. Anybody with personal experience with running these year round. I picked up a set of these almost new for dirt cheap for a staggered wheel setup and would prefer not to pick up another set of rims.

Eric Smith
11-29-2007, 11:52 PM
I too live in the NW and just got rid of the old michelins and went with the pirellis. my wife will now drive the car. it is an x5 4.4 sport and it was very darty on the highway when changing lanes. I figure they will last 30k. the michelins were like rocks and I pulled them off at 55k!
I tried in the snow last weekend and it is no where as safe as my suburban with Michelin LTX mud and snows. the tires are too wide and suspension too stiff. I turned off the traction control, punched it and popped it into a slide and it slid a lot farther than I thought it would and couldn't lift to bring it back. It just wanted to keep going so I had to keep feeding throttle until I was able to get control back. As for stopping it just slid with the ABS howling. Not a ski vehicle. Oh well.
I would buy the tires though. Love them. Tire rack and tru-line on Boren ave took care of it for me.